Teen charged, held on $500,000 bail in Raleigh stabbing

From staff reportsJune 5, 2014 

Kelon Akell Jenkins

CCBI

— A 17-year-old was being held on a half-million-dollar bail Thursday on a charge that he stabbed and cut another person on Wednesday afternoon at a mobile-home park off Buffaloe Road.

Kelon Akell Jenkins was arrested near where police found Dontrell Evans, 18, with a stab wound to his stomach and cuts on his face, police spokesman Jim Sughrue said. Officers had been dispatched at about 2:45 p.m. to a call about a stabbing on Foxhall Village Road.

Jenkins lives on Foxhound Road, another street in the same mobile home park as Foxhall Village Road, according to an arrest warrant.

Evans’ wounds were considered non-life-threatening, Sughrue said, but he was taken to WakeMed Hospital.

Police said Evans lived on Presley Court in Raleigh.

Police charged Jenkins with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury, and he was scheduled for a first court appearance Thursday.

Police said the arrest warrant that the wounds were caused by a “bladed weapon,” but they did not disclose what it was.

News & Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service