Fire ignited by electrical problem forces nine from Raleigh duplex

From staff reportsJune 18, 2014 

— A fire in a New Hope Church Road duplex early Wednesday was contained to one room, but smoke and water damage forced nine people to seek shelter elsewhere, firefighters reported.

A 911 call sent about 40 firefighters to 2512 New Hope Church Road just before 1 a.m., Capt. Justin W. Hicks said.

It took about 30 minutes to get the blaze under control, Hicks reported.

The two-story home was about 25 percent damaged, Hicks said.

The fire began with an electrical problem and was ruled accidental, he said.

News & Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service