Raleigh man held on armed-robbery charge

From staff reportsJune 26, 2014 

— A Raleigh man charged with stealing a man's cash and phone at gunpoint was being held on $800,000 bail Thursday because he was on probation and had recently been returned to the state as a fugitive, Wake County magistrates said.

Brian Keith Moore, 22, of 1315 Oakwood Ave. was charged with a theft that happened June 1 and that police said involved a semiautomatic handgun.

A magistrate noted on a bail form that Moore appeared to be dangerous and had been a fugitive, so his bail was set high. The decision did not state where Moore had been.

Moore was convicted Aug. 5, 2013, of numerous charges of having counterfeiting tools and obtaining property by false pretenses and was put on probation, records show.

The Wake County District Attorney’s office dismissed several other similar charges sat the time.

Moore had been arrested on a false-pretenses charge for a June 20 incident, records showed.

News & Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service