Add some sparkle to your wardrobe with gems from this weeks jewelry trunk shows:
• New pieces from bangles to necklaces from Italian jeweler Roberto Coin will be in store at Saks Fifth Avenue in Triangle Town Center in Raleigh for a trunk show Friday. To reserve an appointment, call 919-792-9100.
• CMI Jewelry Showroom will have new sparklers from diamond ring designer Peter Storm for a trunk show Friday and Saturday. The show will feature an array of engagement ring options, as well as settings for customers diamonds and gemstones. CMI Jewelry Showroom is at 4630 Paragon Park Road, Raleigh; 919-872-3346.
• Belk in Cary Towne Center hosts a trunk show of Effy fine jewelry 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Tuesday. The show will feature pieces in 14 and 18 karat gold with gemstones. All Effy jewelry will be discounted 50 percent during the event, and those who reserve an appointment will receive an additional discount. To schedule an appointment, call 919-467-5050, ext. 281.
• Makeovers, expert tutorials, freebies, discounts and more are on tap for Nordstroms Anniversary Beauty Bash, 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday at the Streets at Southpoint in Durham. For more details, call 919-806-3700.
• At Belk Crabtree, the Dior counter hosts a Mega Makeup Event July 22-26. Attendees can learn tips from Dior makeup artists, get makeovers and more. To make an appointment, call 919-782-7010, ext. 265.
Consignment sale of children's clothes
Parents can score deals on everything from baby and childrens clothes to bedding and more at the Kids Exchange Consignment Sale, July 23-28 at the N.C. State Fairgrounds in Raleigh. The sale offers a volunteer program with a private sale for workers July 23. The private sale for sellers is July 24, and the public sale is 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. July 25 and 9 a.m.-5 p.m. July 26. Half-price day is 10 a.m.-5 p.m. July 27. Admission is free. For more information, visit kxconsignment.com/raleigh.
Raleigh stylist Mary Michele Nidiffer hosts her latest Secrets of Style Live fashion workshop July 24 from 6 to 8 p.m. This months edition of the workshop focuses on shopping sales and strategies to save money while finding clothes that work for your body. The workshop will be held at the Executive Office Suites of Lafayette Village at 8480 Honeycutt Road, Raleigh. Admission is free, but RSVP is required. To RSVP, email email@example.com.
Send Stylin tips to firstname.lastname@example.org.