The News & Observer has a long history in the market establishing itself as both a local and regional newspaper with delivery throughout central and eastern North Carolina. More than 80% of N&O subscribers live in the four-county greater Triangle area, and approximately 20% reside in 40+ other counties.
- The N&O is the 56th largest newspaper in the nation.
- 81% of our Monday-Friday circulation is home delivered; 84% of Saturday circulation is home delivered and 76% of Sunday circulation is home delivered.
- 179,214: Avg. Sunday circulation
- 123,258: Avg. Monday-Friday circulation
- 127,085: Avg. Saturday circulation
Note: Preprint quantities differ from circulation averages. Please contact your Account Executive or Jennifer Trainer at (919) 836-5656 for preprint quantities and deadlines.
- Current ABC Audit Report: Circulation by county and ZIP code, 12-month average.
- Current ABC Publisher’s Statement: Total average circulation by current six-month period, includes circulation by day, but is not county or ZIP code specific.
Common demographic requests for ZIP codes in
Durham, Johnston, Orange and Wake counties: