02/07/2007 3:28 PM
03/24/2015 9:57 AM
Food Drive Locations
Donating food is easy. Just look for collection bins at Harris Teeter stores throughout the region, starting April 1.
On Feed the Need day, Saturday, April 25, you can also bring your donations to volunteers at select Harris Teeter stores between 1 - 4p.m.:
Harris Teeter @ Crescent Commons - 2080 Kildaire Farm Rd.
Harris Teeter @ Falls Pointe - 9600 Falls of Neuse Road
Harris Teeter @ Cameron Village - 500 Oberlin Road
Check back here for specifics.
You can donate online : here.
What should you donate?
The Food Bank needs nutritious, nonperishable foods in metal or plastic containers (no glass please!). This year, we're emphasizing donations of nutritious, child-friendly foods along with other necessities. Please consider the following items:
- Canned Meals: Stews, Soups, Tuna, Ravioli (Pop-top cans a plus!)
- Peanut Butter
- Cereal, granola or breakfast bars
- Sugar free pudding cups
- Canned Fruits and Vegetables
- Rice, Pasta and Dried Beans
- Hygiene Items: Toothpaste, Shaving Items, Soap
- Paper Products: Toilet Paper, Paper Towels
- Infant Products: Diapers, Wipes, Formula, Infant Cereal
- (Please - No loose glass and plastic jars of baby food as they will have to be discarded due to health regulations)
Collecting food as a group? Click here for support information from the Food Bank.
Join the Discussion
News & Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.