Read about these books in the Sunday July 10 print edition of The News & Observer.
- The Life of the World to Come by Dan Cluchey
- I Am No One by Patrick Flanery
- The Branson Beauty by Claire Booth
- Cold Silence by James Abel
- The Go-Between by Lisa Brackmann
- The Loney by Andrew Michael Hurley
- The Asset by Shane Kuhn
- Eye of the Beholder: Johannes Vermeer, Antoni Van Leeuwenhoek, and the Reinvention of Seeing by Laura J. Snyder
- A Cure for Suicide by Jesse Ball
- Blackout: Remembering the Things I Drank to Forget by Sarah Hepola
- Golden Age by Jane Smiley
- A Buzz in the Meadow: The Natural History of a French Farm by Dave Goulson
- The Life and Death of Sophie Stark by Anna North
- One Nation Under God: How Corporate America Invented Christian America by Kevin M. Kruse
And meet Andrew Neal, a freelance designer and illustrator and find out what he’s reading.