Grammy nominated singer/songwriter/producer Eric Roberson, affectionately known as “Erro” to his friends and fans, has worked with notable artists like Jill Scott, Musiq Soulchild, Dwele and Vivian Green, and has released nine albums under his Blue Erro Soul imprint. His 2011 studio album, “Mister Nice Guy,” debuted in the top 5 on the iTunes R&B/Soul Charts. Erro’s tenth album, “The Box,” was released in August 2014, and this year he releases his EP trilogy “Earth + Wind + Fire.”
Roberson will perform Saturday at Motorco Music Hall in Durham, with Zoocru opening. Get more details at motorcomusic.com.
- Thursday, catch Al Strong at C Grace Bar in Raleigh. 9 p.m.-midnight. Info: cgracebar.com.
- On Friday, Buff Dillard plays Durham’s Beyu Cafe. 7 and 9 p.m. $13. Info: beyucaffe.com
- Also Friday, Sharp Nine Gallery in Durham has the Eric Hirsh Quartet. 8 p.m. $10-$15. Info: durhamjazzworkshop.org.
- Irregardless Cafe in Raleigh will have music by Peter Lamb & The Wolves Saturday starting at 9 p.m. Free. Info: irregardless.com.
- Saturday at the Beyu, it’s Future Prospect. 7 and 9 p.m. $12. Info: beyucaffe.com.
- Also Saturday, catch the Atticus Reynolds: Ventana CD Release Party at Sharp Nine. 8 p.m. $10-$15. Info: Info: durhamjazzworkshop.org.