With the passing on Wednesday of beloved actress Mary Tyler Moore, many networks announced plans for special tribute programs and marathons of her 1970s sitcom “The Mary Tyler Moore Show.”
Here’s a listing of what we’ve learned about so far. This list will be updated as more programs are announced.
Thursday (Jan. 26)
▪ CBS will air “Mary Tyler Moore: Love Is All Around” at 9 p.m. The special, anchored by “CBS This Morning’s” Gayle King, will feature interviews with many of Moore’s biggest fans, including Oprah Winfrey.
▪ On ABC, “20/20” will present “Mary Tyler Moore: After All” at 10 p.m. Friday. The special will be anchored by David Muir and Elizabeth Vargas, and will present memories from those who knew her best. It will also show Barbara Walters’ classic interviews with Moore.
Saturday (Jan. 28)
▪ Sundance Channel (which already airs a block of “Mary Tyler Moore Show” episodes each Thursday) will air the sitcom all day Saturday, starting at 6 a.m. The marathon will include all 24 episodes of the final season of the show. Locally you can see Sundance on channels 798 and 1798 on AT&T UVerse, channel 626 on Time Warner Cable, channel 557 on DirecTV and channel 126 on DISH.
▪ Starting at 11 p.m., getTV will honor Mary Tyler Moore with two specials. First, the 1969 special “Dick Van Dyke And The Other Woman,” which reunited Moore with her “Dick Van Dyke Show” husband for a show that included a dance number, a bride and groom skit and more. Then it’s a rare 1960 episode of the John Cassavetes crime series “Johnny Staccato,” on which Moore made a guest appearance. In this area, you can see getTV on channel 1280 on Time Warner Cable, chanel 373 on DISH and channels 9.3 or 40.4 over antenna. For more info visit get.tv.
▪ PBS has brought back its 2015 documentary “Mary Tyler Moore: A Celebration.” Air dates are determined by local affiliates. As soon as we hear about UNC-TV’s plans, we’ll update here. In the meantime, it’s streaming on PBS.com.