This recipe is best kept around for Super Bowl, or drunken celebrations. Bourbon combined with bacon and brown sugar can be added to shoe leather and it'd taste brilliant.
Gridiron Chef 'Doc'
- 1/2 lb ground beef, cooked (do not drain)
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked (cut to small chunks)
- 1/2 lb kielbasa (cut into small chunks)
- 1/2 cup Chopped spanish onion
- 40 oz. baked beans (usually 1 can + 1/4)
- 3 tbsp molasses
- 1/3 cup ketchup (If you can find a chipotle ketchup, do so)
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp worchesterchire sauce
- 2 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 1/2 cup bourbon (Jim, Wild Turkey...)
1. Cook ground beef, leaving in fat.
2. Fry bacon, then cut.
3. Cut kielbasa.
4. Chop onion fine.
5. In saucepan, add bourbon — reduce by 1/2.
6. Mix reduced bourbon and all ingredients into a large tinfoil pan or baking dish.
7. Heat in the oven or on the grill (off heat). 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
8. Best served with a rock glass, four ice cubes and good aged bourbon. Or a great pale ale!
Recipe supplied by Gridiron Chef "Doc" Dockeray - Tailgate Homegate Media Network