Without question, this is my appetizer and beer snack. If you love traditional Buffalo wings, and the crispiness of a traditional egg roll, I can’t see you not loving this.
If you have your own favorite Buffalo wing recipes (i.e. add a light dusting of flour to the chicken), do what you will to the chicken. Either way, you can’t go wrong!
Gridiron Chef 'Doc'
- 4 Boneless Chicken Breast Halves, or 8 Chicken Thighs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/3 Lb Butter (melted)
- 1⁄2 Bottle Franks Red Hotn
- 4 oz. Ketchup
- 1 package of egg roll wrappers (18 to 20 wrappers)
- 20 oz. Canola/Vegetable/Peanut Oil
- Blue Cheese or Ranch for dipping
1. Season your chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Grill, pan fry in butter, or microwave the chicken to 170 degrees.
3. Let cool for 10 minutes, then shred into small pieces.
4. In a pot, add butter and melt. Then add Franks and ketchup. Stir thoroughly. Set aside.
5. Mix shredded chicken with desired amount Buffalo Sauce.
6. In a large pot, heat oil to 350 degrees.
7. Construct egg rolls by adding 2 to 3 oz. of buffalo chicken in the bottom third of the wrapper. Roll the bottom corner up, fold the sides in, dab a little water the top corner and down sides, then continue rolling to seal.
8. Drop the egg rolls (3 at a time) into the oil, and fry till medium dark.
9. Let cool, for 10 minutes and dip away.
10. Serve with your cool dip.