Your school could have:
Never miss a local story.
Five schools from the Triangle area will be selected to participate in the NIEIA program for the 2011-2012 school year. NIEIA presents an opportunity for schools to embed authenticinformational text in classes using NIE with free training and support.
NIEIA School will provide:
- 20% of teachers committed to using the NIE program one time each week for the school year
- Access to the e-edition via desktop, laptop, netbook, interactive whiteboard, or similar device
- Time and space for on site training and consultation
The News & Observer will provide:
- Free access to the e-edition
- On-site training and appropriate CEU's
- On-site consultation
- Off-site support, research, and lesson writing
- Web publishing of student work from each participating teacher
- A visit and presentation to support NIE given by one of the following departments: advertising, marketing, finance, human resources, news, photography, features, editing, or sports
INSTRUCTIONS: Fill out the form below with basic information about your school. You will also need to email a presentation supporting your application. That presentation can be an essay, power point, video, song, interactive poster, or any method you want to use to get your point across. Deadline to submit application and presentation is August 31. Selected participants will be notified via email on or before September 30, 2011.
*Level (elementary, middle, high):
*Contact person last name:
*Contact person first name:
*Contact person email:
*Contact person title:
*If the contact person is not an administrator, please provide name and email so we can contact an administrator to confirm approval:
The NIEIA selected school must commit to provide: teachers to participate, time and space for training, and access to the e-edition. Confirm your commitment by answering "yes" in box to the right
Disclaimer: No purchase necessary. Must be 18 or older to apply. Selection is school based, not individual. See Complete Contest Rules for more information