Calories 414; Total Fat 20g; Carbohydrates 47g
class="recipe_desc_text">This recipe is a great way to take advantage of local fresh, sweet corn. The corn is roasted in the oven, then tossed with pasta, roasted garlic, fresh herbs, greens, and two kinds of cheese for a delicious meal that's low in sodium and cholesterol. And your salad course is even built in! Pick up some seasonal fruit for dessert while you're at the farmers' market getting the other ingredients.
Go to the healthy recipe on epicurious.com
Photograph By: Mitchell Feinberg
Amounts per serving plus the % Daily Value (DV) based on a 2,000 calorie diet:
- 414 Calories (20%)
- 20g Total fat (31%)
- 5g Saturated Fat (26%)
- 17mg Cholesterol (6%)
- 188mg Sodium (8%)
- 47g Carbohydrate (16%)
- 4g Fiber (15%)
- 15g Protein (30%)
See the full nutritional analysis from NutritionData.com
- 1 large head of garlic, top 1/2 inch cut off
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 ears of fresh corn with husks
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 8 ounces capellini
- 2 cups (loosely packed) mixed greens
- 2 cups torn radicchio leaves
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese (7 to 8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese plus shaved Parmesan for garnish
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
Preheat oven to 400F. Place head of garlic on sheet of foil. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil; wrap foil around garlic andcrimp to seal tightly. Place garlic and corn on rimmed baking sheet. Bake until corn is tender and garlic is soft, about 25 minutes for corn and 40 minutes for garlic. Cool slightly.
Squeeze garlic out of skins into large bowl; add any oil from foil. Add lemon juice, lemon peel, and 3 tablespoons oil; mash garlic, then whisk mixture. Shuck corn; cut kernels from cob and transfer to same bowl.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Drain. Rinse with cold water; drain well. Place in medium bowl; toss with 1 tablespoon oil. Using kitchen shears, cut pasta crosswise several times.
Add pasta, greens, radicchio, ricotta, grated Parmesan, and herbs to bowl with garlic mixture; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with shaved Parmesan.
For more delicious recipes, go to epicurious.com