Easter is quickly approaching and there are still a few more egg hunts to catch before the big day.
Events listed are free, unless noted, and open to the public. Bring a basket or other container for eggs and goodies. And pack a camera: The Easter Bunny plans to attend many events.
Monday, April 10
The Spring Egg Hunt at J.C. Raulston Arboretum in Raleigh offers a nontraditional take on an egg hunt April 10-16. Instead of the usual plastic eggs, participants will search for wooden eggs and take note of the letters painted on them. To receive a prize, hunters must unscramble the gathered letters to reveal a secret word. The event begins at the Bobby G. Wilder Visitor’s Center at the arboretum, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh. Hours for the sixth annual event are 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday to Friday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday and 1-4 p.m. Sunday. bit.ly/2ol6haM
Friday, April 14
Hunt for dinosaur eggs April 14-16 at the Museum of Life and Science, 433 W. Murray Ave., Durham. The event also features other prehistoric activities on the Dinosaur Trail and is recommended for children ages 6 and younger. Cost: $7; preregistration required. Hours are 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 12:30-5 p.m. Sunday. bit.ly/2mt22bl, lifeandscience.org
The fourth annual NC PAN Eggstravaganza happens 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at Solite Park, 4704 Fayetteville Road, Durham. Egg hunts will start about 10:30 a.m. for toddlers and preschoolers and around 3:30 p.m. for older children. Please bring 12 plastic eggs per child filled with something – stickers, small toys, candy, etc. ncpan.org/tag/eggstravaganza
Saturday, April 15
▪ The annual egg hunt at Adventure Landing, 3311 Capital Blvd., Raleigh, is 9 a.m. Cost: $3 per child; registration opens at 8 a.m. The event is a fundraiser for the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Eastern North Carolina. bit.ly/2obG8hR, adventurelanding.com
▪ An Easter egg hunt for children ages 12 and under is 10 a.m. to noon at Living Word Family Church, 10520 Star Road, Wake Forest. The event will include inflatables and children’s activities. lwfc.org/events
▪ An Easter egg hunt is noon to 3 p.m. at Evangel Church, 201 Meadow Drive, Fuquay-Varina. The event will feature hot dogs, bounce houses and children’s activities. 919-552-3421, bit.ly/2oyYqpz
▪ The annual Paws4Ever Adult Egg Hunt fundraiser gives the grownups a chance to hunt for eggs – except these are filled with gift cards, spirits, candy and more. Plus, there will be beer and food trucks, music and more on the beautiful 50-acre Paws4ever property. 2-4 p.m. at Paws4Ever Animal Sanctuary, 6311 Nicks Road, Mebane; $20; secure.qgiv.com/event/909433
Sunday, April 16
▪ A pancake breakfast is 8:30 a.m. and an egg hunt and Easter bonnet contest are 9:30 a.m. at Good Shepherd United Church of Christ, 1050 NW Maynard Road, Cary. gsucc.org/Home.aspx