Did you know that asparagus can grow up to 6 inches in just one day?! And while that is obviously super cool, kids might not yet understand the appeal of actually eating it. To help win them over, try these tasty ideas.
First Bite CRISPY ASPARAGUS FRIES
1. Dip some trimmed asparagus in all-purpose flour, beaten egg, and a mix of grated Parmesan and panko.
2. Place on a greased baking sheet and bake at 450 F for 8 to 10 minutes.
Never miss a local story.
3. Serve with ketchup or mayo.
Second Try ASPARAGUS FRIED RICE
1. In a nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon each minced garlic and minced fresh ginger. Cook 30 seconds.
2. Add 1 bunch asparagus, chopped. Cook for 4 minutes. Add 2 cups cold leftover rice and 2 tablespoons soy sauce.
3. When warm, push to the side and scramble an egg. Stir and serve drizzled with toasted sesame oil.
Third Time ASPARAGUS FOCACCIA
1. Arrange squares of purchased focaccia on a foil-lined baking sheet.
2. Coat the bottom of a skillet with olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped asparagus and garlic and cook until just tender, about 4 minutes.
3. Top focaccia with garlicky asparagus, shredded mozzarella, and grated Parm.
4. Bake at 450 F for 6 to 8 minutes to melt cheese and warm through. Option: Serve with warm marinara for dipping.