Local designer Kelly Shatat, owner of Moon and Lola shops in Raleigh and Apex, got a pretty big shout-out with a mention in the December issue of O the Oprah Magazine. Shatat’s vineyard cuff links were included in the magazine’s “Oprah’s Favorite Things Holiday Gift Guide.”
“Being named as one of Oprah’s Favorite Things has been a dream of mine since the birth of Moon and Lola,” Shatat said. “And it’s actually been more than what I thought it would be – it’s made everyone around me so happy and excited. It’s infectious. We’re so excited that so many more people will know what Moon and Lola is and what we’re all about.”
The cuff links, which can be personalized with a variety of colors and monogram styles, are available at the company’s Raleigh and Apex stores, and online at moonandlola.com.
Holiday open houses
• The holiday shopping season officially kicks off at Cameron Village during the shopping center’s Holiday Open House, from 5 to 8 p.m. on Thursday. Shoppers can enjoy sales, refreshments and more at individual stores, plus strolling carolers, performances by the Raleigh Boy’s Choir, Santa and more. Attendees who spend $100 during the event will receive a $25 Cameron Village gift card. Learn more at
• The festive spirit continues on Saturday with North Hills’ Holiday Sip and Shop from 2 to 6 p.m. Stores will offer deals and refreshments, and costumed carolers will provide holiday cheer. The event also includes a tree lighting at 6 p.m. For details, visit
• Fine Feathers boutique will have new dresses, suits and evening wear from Alta Moda in store for a trunk show Thursday-Saturday. Fine Feathers is in University Mall at 201 S. Estes Drive, Chapel Hill, 919-942-3151.
• The latest gowns from the Bliss by Monique Lhuillier 2015 bridal collection will be at Alexia’s Bridal Boutique in Raleigh for a trunk show on Friday and Saturday. Brides who place custom orders during the show will receive a gift with purchase. To reserve an appointment, call 919-829-5900.
• Scout and Molly’s in North Hills will host two jewelry trunk shows on Saturday. Pieces by local label Sweetie Pie will be available from noon to 3 p.m., and bracelets and necklaces from BraceURSelf will be in store from 3 to 6 p.m. Twenty percent of sales from BraceURSelf purchases benefit Alzheimer’s research. For more info, call 919-754-8430.
Maggi Bridal moves
Maggi Bridal has a new location. The store has moved to a new, larger space just a few doors down in the Oak Park Shopping Center on Glenwood Avenue in Raleigh. The new location features separate showrooms for bridal and bridesmaid dresses. To make an appointment, call 919-781-2898.
Also growing is Parlor Blow Dry Bar, the salon specializing in blowouts that opened earlier this year in Cameron Village. The salon has added additional chairs and other amenities to its space, along with new services, including makeup and eyelash extensions. For more information or to make an appointment, call 919-665-9816.
Send Style Watch tips to firstname.lastname@example.org.