Each year, the Me Fine Foundation hosts a gala that helps raise funds for its efforts to provide financial assistance and emotional support to parents and caregivers of children receiving long-term medical treatment at Duke and UNC children’s hospitals.
This year, Raleigh-based Humbly Made gets in on the good work by creating a limited-edition T-shirt that will debut at this year’s gala on Saturday. The “Driven by Hope” shirt will be hand-printed in Durham, using environmentally friendly water-based ink. The shirts – which are $26 with proceeds benefiting the foundation – will be available at the gala and through Oct. 5 at HumblyMade.com. For more information about the event, call 919-202-0086, visit mefinefoundation.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project Runway alum and N.C. State professor Justin LeBlanc will join Clay Aiken as a speaker at the National Inclusion Project’s Champions Gala on Saturday at the Marriott City Center in Raleigh. The foundation, which was co-founded by Aiken, works to bridge the gap between children with disabilities and the world around them. Proceeds from the event benefit the foundation’s work. For more information and tickets, visit inclusionproject.org/news/championsgala.
Never miss a local story.
Fall is here, and local stores have plenty for the new season in this week’s trunk show lineup.
▪ Dina Porter boutique in Chapel Hill hosts a trunk show of bold pieces from Echo of the Dreamer, along with collections from Debbie Suchoff and three juried jewelers, through Sept. 30. Customers purchasing during the show will be entered in a raffle. For details, call 919-929-4449.
▪ Also in Chapel Hill, Fine Feathers boutique will hold a double trunk show with jackets, pants and more from Emmelle and bold prints from Hilton Hollis, Thursday through Saturday. Call 919-942-3151 for more info.
▪ Main and Taylor in Raleigh’s North Hills will preview the spring 2016 line from shoemaker Donald J. Pliner on Friday. Call 919-821-1556 for more information.
▪ Designer Katherine Way will bring her dresses and tunics designed for all body shapes to StyleFinder Boutique in Raleigh for a trunk show Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. The designer will offer advice and fittings during the event. To make an appointment, call 919-828-7529.
▪ Dovecote boutique in Pittsboro’s Fearrington Village will have a triple trunk show Saturday and Sunday with pants for all body shapes from Krazy Larry Pants, cashmere accessories from Magaschoni and cashmere cleaning products from The Laundress. For more info, call 919-542-1145.
New Dress location
Dress designer resale boutique will open its new location in the Market at Colonnade shopping center in North Raleigh on Wednesday, Sept. 30. Owner Pam Mullaney says the new location will serve as a complement to the Ridgewood store on Wade Avenue.
“Dress at Colonnade will offer a blend of new fashion, designer consignment, boutique overstock, jewelry and accessories,” she said. “We will be featuring jewelry designer Belliza Knight and continue our focus of offering our clientele new lines, one-of-a-kind (pieces not found in our market) and designer labels at an affordable price.”
More info at dressraleigh.com.
Send Style Watch tips to email@example.com.
Win the Humbly Made T-shirt
Humbly Made has donated two Me Fine Foundation “Driven by Hope” T-shirts we can give away to readers. We have one large and one extra-large. To enter the random drawing, email firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight Thursday (Sept. 24) and include your mailing address and size preference. Please put “Humbly” in the subject line.