New looks for women and kiddos, plus plenty of bling in this week’s trunk show lineup:
▪ CFDA designer Gaby Basora comes to Vert & Vogue in Durham Friday for a reception coinciding with the pop-up shop for her Tucker brand. Known for her bold prints and feminine designs, Basora celebrates the 10th year of her brand this year. Customers can meet the designer during the reception, 6:30-9 p.m. The pop-up runs through Saturday. To RSVP for the reception, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ New jewelry from The Woods will be in store at Vermillion boutique in Raleigh, Thursday and Friday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. To schedule an appointment, call 919-787-9780.
▪ Elsewhere in jewelry, Bailey’s Fine Jewelry welcomes new pieces from Ippolita for an event Thursday, noon-8 p.m., at the Cameron Village location. Shoppers can enjoy Cinco de Mayo drinks and nibbles during the event, and those spending $1,000 or more will receive a free pendant. For more information, call 919-829-7337.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Baby and children’s boutique Nüvonivo in downtown Raleigh will have spring styles from Dutch children’s brand lief! Lifestyle for a trunk show Friday, 6-9 p.m. During the event, the store will serve light refreshments and host kiddie craft sessions. For details, call 919-928-5833.
▪ Dovecote boutique in Pittsboro’s Fearrington Village continues its spring pop-up series this week with jewelry from Gabrielle Jewelry Saturday and Sunday. Designed by Raleigh native Gabrielle Bratton, the jewelry is made with delicately patterned layers that build larger statement pieces. For more info, call 919-542-1145.
Mom Jeans Makeover
They might be comfortable, but “mom jeans” definitely aren’t cool. Trade in those out-of-style pants for some flattering denim during StyleFinder Boutique’s Mom Jeans Makeover event Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. A donation of old jeans gets shoppers $20 off a new pair, including Beija Flor and Stone Sisters, both of which will have new styles in stock during a trunk show that coincides with the event. Call 919-454-3068 for more info.
Joint Venture Jewelry in Cary celebrates mothers and daughters during the Mother-Daughter Bling, Baubles and Bubbly Party on Saturday, 2-4 p.m. Moms and their daughters can check out jewelry while enjoying Champagne, snacks and a silent auction benefiting the Me Fine Foundation, which helps critically ill children at Duke and UNC hospitals. RSVP at mefinejewelryparty.eventbrite.com.
Send Style Watch tips to email@example.com.