Durham’s Piedmont restaurant is offering a whole hog barbecue dinner on July 24 featuring Wyatt Dickson of Pig Whistle, a catering company that sources its hogs from small-scale independent farmers in the Chapel Hill area.
The 6:30 p.m. dinner costs $35 per person or $55 per person with wine pairings. Here is the menu:• Pork belly lettuce wraps with kimchi, fried peanuts and summer herbs.
• Crispy hog’s head cheese with corn and tomato relish, okra chips and whole grain mustard jus.
• Pig Whistle whole hog barbecue with summer hoppin’ john and slaw.
• Fried blackberry pie with sweet corn ice cream and peach compote.
Other upcoming events at Piedmont include:• Aug. 7, a North Carolina cheese dinner featuring Chapel Hill Creamery, Looking Glass Creamery and Spinning Spider Creamery.
• Aug. 26, a Beaujolais Dinner with Authentique Vin wine importer Thomas Meunier on hand to discuss the wine pairings.
• Sept. 10, a TOPO Distillery dinner featuring cocktail creations by the Chapel Hill distillery.
The restaurant is at 401-B Foster St., Durham. To make a reservation, call 919-683-1213.