Whole hog barbecue dinner at Durham’s Piedmont
07/15/2014 11:53 AM
07/15/2014 11:54 AM
Durham’s Piedmont restaurant is offering a whole hog barbecue dinner on July 24 featuring Wyatt Dickson of Pig Whistle, a catering company that sources its hogs from small-scale independent farmers in the Chapel Hill area.
The 6:30 p.m. dinner costs $35 per person or $55 per person with wine pairings. Here is the menu:• Pork belly lettuce wraps with kimchi, fried peanuts and summer herbs.
• Crispy hog’s head cheese with corn and tomato relish, okra chips and whole grain mustard jus.
• Pig Whistle whole hog barbecue with summer hoppin’ john and slaw.
• Fried blackberry pie with sweet corn ice cream and peach compote.
Other upcoming events at Piedmont include:• Aug. 7, a North Carolina cheese dinner featuring Chapel Hill Creamery, Looking Glass Creamery and Spinning Spider Creamery.
• Aug. 26, a Beaujolais Dinner with Authentique Vin wine importer Thomas Meunier on hand to discuss the wine pairings.
• Sept. 10, a TOPO Distillery dinner featuring cocktail creations by the Chapel Hill distillery.
The restaurant is at 401-B Foster St., Durham. To make a reservation, call 919-683-1213.
Join the Discussion
News & Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.