Angus Barn serving up special dinners
12/11/2013 10:35 AM
12/11/2013 10:37 AM
Raleigh’s Angus Barn has two special dining events this month: an early Christmas dinner with Biltmore wine pairings in the pavilion and two seatings on New Year’s Eve for dinner in the wine cellar.
The early Christmas dinner will be at 7 p.m. Dec. 23. It costs $75 per person or $25 for children, ages 4-11. Children, 3 and under, are free. Here is the menu:• Mixed greens salad with dried cranberries, walnuts and goat cheese tossed in a vinaigrette and paired with 2012 Biltmore Chardonnay Sur Lies.
• Beef tenderloin with shiitake red wine jus and North Carolina shrimp and grits with Yukon gold potato medallions and bundled asparagus paired with 2011 Biltmore Century Red, Sangiovese & Merlot Blend.
• Coconut bread pudding with caramel sauce and homemade whipped cream for dessert.
There are two seatings on New Year’s Eve night for a special dinner in the wine cellar. Those are at 6 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. It costs $125 per person. Here is the menu:• Duck rillette crostini and blue point crab cake with capers and crème fraiche mustard.
• Lobster, shrimp and scallops in a sherry-saffron cream sauce over cavatelli.
• Baby greens with a warm cranberry ginger vinaigrette, topped with pears, Maytag blue cheese and candied pork belly.
• Aged black Angus beef tenderloin with collards, spinach and turnip greens and Yukon gold mashed potatoes with smoked gouda cheese.
• Chocolate croissant and coconut bread pudding with banana walnut ice cream and a spiced caramel rum sauce.
To make a reservation, call 919-787-3505. The Angus Barn is at 9401 Glenwood Ave. Info: angusbarn.com
Join the Discussion
News & Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.