Raleigh’s Angus Barn has two special dining events this month: an early Christmas dinner with Biltmore wine pairings in the pavilion and two seatings on New Year’s Eve for dinner in the wine cellar.
The early Christmas dinner will be at 7 p.m. Dec. 23. It costs $75 per person or $25 for children, ages 4-11. Children, 3 and under, are free. Here is the menu:
• Mixed greens salad with dried cranberries, walnuts and goat cheese tossed in a vinaigrette and paired with 2012 Biltmore Chardonnay Sur Lies.
Never miss a local story.
• Beef tenderloin with shiitake red wine jus and North Carolina shrimp and grits with Yukon gold potato medallions and bundled asparagus paired with 2011 Biltmore Century Red, Sangiovese & Merlot Blend.
• Coconut bread pudding with caramel sauce and homemade whipped cream for dessert.
There are two seatings on New Year’s Eve night for a special dinner in the wine cellar. Those are at 6 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. It costs $125 per person. Here is the menu:
• Duck rillette crostini and blue point crab cake with capers and crème fraiche mustard.
• Lobster, shrimp and scallops in a sherry-saffron cream sauce over cavatelli.
• Baby greens with a warm cranberry ginger vinaigrette, topped with pears, Maytag blue cheese and candied pork belly.
• Aged black Angus beef tenderloin with collards, spinach and turnip greens and Yukon gold mashed potatoes with smoked gouda cheese.
• Chocolate croissant and coconut bread pudding with banana walnut ice cream and a spiced caramel rum sauce.
To make a reservation, call 919-787-3505. The Angus Barn is at 9401 Glenwood Ave. Info: angusbarn.com