Taste The Event is a five-day food and beverage experience in Durham and Chapel Hill April 23- 27.
The series of events is being organized by Durham and Chapel Hill magazines and feature a number of talented chefs. Organizers have planned this inaugural event but also expect to schedule other events throughout the year. Here’s the lineup:
• 5-7 p.m. April 23: opening cocktail and appetizer reception featuring local cookbook authors, including Fred Thompson, Debbie Moose, Belinda Ellis and myself, at TOPO Distillery in Chapel Hill. Cost: $51.
Never miss a local story.
• 6-9 p.m. April 24, a grand tasting event at DPAC featuring food from more than two dozen restaurants, wine, beer and a silent auction. $113.
• 6:30-9 p.m. April 25, Italian wine dinner at Il Palio restaurant in the Siena Hotel in Chapel Hill. $99.
• 9:30-11:30 p.m. April 25, drinks and desserts reception at Durham’s Piedmont restaurant. $45.
• 10 a.m. -1:30 p.m. April 26, farmers’ market shop, cook and taste at Durham Spirits Co. $59.
• 6:30-9 p.m. April 26, a wine dinner at The Black House, the fine dining venue at Durham’s Straw Valley Food & Drink. $101.
• 10:30 a.m.-2 p.m. April 27, gospel brunch at The Carolina Inn in Chapel Hill: $25-$55.
• 4-7 p.m. April 27, bluegrass, brews and barbecue dinner buffet at Chapel Hill’s Weathervane restaurant. $16-$29.
The events benefit the Durham branch of the Food Bank of Eastern North Carolina.
Tickets and more info: tastetheevent.com.