Taste the Event is coming up April 23-27
04/06/2014 10:13 AM
04/06/2014 10:14 AM
Taste The Event is a five-day food and beverage experience in Durham and Chapel Hill April 23- 27.
The series of events is being organized by Durham and Chapel Hill magazines and feature a number of talented chefs. Organizers have planned this inaugural event but also expect to schedule other events throughout the year. Here’s the lineup:• 5-7 p.m. April 23: opening cocktail and appetizer reception featuring local cookbook authors, including Fred Thompson, Debbie Moose, Belinda Ellis and myself, at TOPO Distillery in Chapel Hill. Cost: $51.
• 6-9 p.m. April 24, a grand tasting event at DPAC featuring food from more than two dozen restaurants, wine, beer and a silent auction. $113.
• 6:30-9 p.m. April 25, Italian wine dinner at Il Palio restaurant in the Siena Hotel in Chapel Hill. $99.
• 9:30-11:30 p.m. April 25, drinks and desserts reception at Durham’s Piedmont restaurant. $45.
• 10 a.m. -1:30 p.m. April 26, farmers’ market shop, cook and taste at Durham Spirits Co. $59.
• 6:30-9 p.m. April 26, a wine dinner at The Black House, the fine dining venue at Durham’s Straw Valley Food & Drink. $101.
• 10:30 a.m.-2 p.m. April 27, gospel brunch at The Carolina Inn in Chapel Hill: $25-$55.
• 4-7 p.m. April 27, bluegrass, brews and barbecue dinner buffet at Chapel Hill’s Weathervane restaurant. $16-$29.
The events benefit the Durham branch of the Food Bank of Eastern North Carolina.
Tickets and more info: tastetheevent.com.
Join the Discussion
News & Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.