Watts Grocery offering special six-course wine dinner next week
04/14/2014 3:34 PM
04/14/2014 3:35 PM
Wine dinner at Watts Grocery
The six-course dinner costs $55. Call 919-416-5040 for a reservation. Here is the menu:• Fried green tomatoes with house sriracha aioli paired with a Dentelle sparkling wine.
• Late season oyster pan roast with fennel and clams paired with Domaine Besson Note Blanche.
• Poached egg over grit cake with mushroom and pea saute paired with Domaine Les Freres Perroud ‘Amethyste’ Brouilly 2011.
• Pan-seared duck breast with a charred rhubarb sauce and local asparagus paired with Domaine Pascal Aufranc Les Cerisiers Julienas 2012.
• Leg of lamb with white bean veloute and pickled beets and fennel paired wth Domaine de la Bonne Tonne Morgon 2011.
• And for dessert, almond gateau Breton with macerated strawberries and goat cheese cream paired with Franck Besson Rose Granit sparkling wine.
Join the Discussion
News & Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.