Raleigh’s Angus Barn is offering a four-course seafood dinner in its wine cellar dining room at 6 p.m. July 19.
The dinner with wine pairings costs $125 per person. Reservations can made by calling 919-781-2444. Below is the menu:
• Passed appetizers include fried shrimp poppers with horseradish tartar sauce, cured trout mousse on homemade crackers and caprese salad skewers.
Never miss a local story.
• Golden and red beet soup with smoked trout and watercress puree.
• Pan-fried North Carolina soft shell crab with local heirloom tomatoes and orange ginger vinaigrette with jicama coleslaw.
• Honey, lemon, thyme and basil sorbet.
• Hatteras Island crab cakes with green goddess dressing and six-week aged beef tenderloin stuffed with truffles and diver scallop mousse served with baby greens and roasted potatoes.
• Dessert trio of wild huckleberry cobbler with peach ice cream, glazed sugar cookies and rhubarb and strawberry tartlet.