Upcoming seafood dinner at Angus Barn
06/30/2014 12:28 PM
06/30/2014 12:29 PM
Raleigh’s Angus Barn is offering a four-course seafood dinner in its wine cellar dining room at 6 p.m. July 19.
The dinner with wine pairings costs $125 per person. Reservations can made by calling 919-781-2444. Below is the menu:• Passed appetizers include fried shrimp poppers with horseradish tartar sauce, cured trout mousse on homemade crackers and caprese salad skewers.
• Golden and red beet soup with smoked trout and watercress puree.
• Pan-fried North Carolina soft shell crab with local heirloom tomatoes and orange ginger vinaigrette with jicama coleslaw.
• Honey, lemon, thyme and basil sorbet.
• Hatteras Island crab cakes with green goddess dressing and six-week aged beef tenderloin stuffed with truffles and diver scallop mousse served with baby greens and roasted potatoes.
• Dessert trio of wild huckleberry cobbler with peach ice cream, glazed sugar cookies and rhubarb and strawberry tartlet.
Join the Discussion
News & Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.