Now is the time to start thinking about New Year’s Eve reservations. Here are a few options:
Note: This list will be regularly updated between now and the end of the year. So please check back. Restaurant owners and chefs, don’t see your restaurant on this list? Please send a note with details or a link to your menu to email@example.com.
▪ Raleigh’s bu.ku is offering a three-course prix fixe menu for $65 per person. Among the selections: Thai coconut green curry; pan-roasted prime New York strip steak; and for dessert, aji dulce chocolate creme brulee. To see the full menu, go to bu-ku.com/nye-2017/. Call 919-834-6963.
▪ Raleigh’s Capital Club 16 is offering its a la carte menu plus a special three-course prix fixe meal for $45 per person. Wine pairings cost additional. Some of the courses include: braised rabbit with potato pancakes, frisee and blue cheese and cranberry vinaigrette; bison steak, figgy gravy, layered potato gratin, roasted Brussels and baby carrots; or warm English sticky toffee cake with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce. To see the full menu, go to capitalclub16.com/Capital_Club_16/Events.html. Call 919-747-9345.
▪ Raleigh’s Cave 1912 is offering two seatings at 6 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. The five-course meal costs $59 per person. The courses include baked Harkers Island oysters with gouda, country ham and juniper; and glazed shortrib with grapefruit mostarda, savory bacon bread pudding and beef jus. To make reservations, go online: cave1912.com
▪ Raleigh’s Coquette restaurant is offering three-course meal for $50 plus $15 for wine pairings. The menu includes cream of squash and pumpkin soup; lobster Thermidor; and apple strudel. To see the full menu, go to coquetteraleigh.com/eat-drink/new-years-eve. To make a reservation, call 919-789-0606.
▪ Dean’s Seafood Grill and Bar in Cary is offering a three-course menu for $50 per person. The offerings include cornmeal-fried oysters, crab-stuffed flounder and ice box cake. See the full menu: http://rockytophospitality.com/lib/upload/menus/Deans_NYEMenu_12_19_16WEB.pdf. Call 919-459.5875.
▪ Raleigh’s Death & Taxes is offering a four-course prix fixe menu for $85 per person. Among the menu choices: embered oysters with grilled tomato butter and bacon breadcrumbs; ember-killed butter lettuce with warm hazelnut vinaigrette; twice-cooked dry-aged ribeye steak with potato-leek Dauphinois; and dark chocolate dessert with cinnamon and red-eye caramel. See the full menu at ac-restaurants.com/death-taxes/new-years-eve-at-death-taxes/. For a reservation, call 984-242-0218.
▪ Raleigh’s Humble Pie is hosting a prix fixe menu for $50 per person. Guests will enjoy a champagne toast at midnight and a late night dance party with DJ Drew Diggle. The menu includes cornmeal fried oysters with parsley mayo; roasted beets with Burrata cheese and pomegranate; lobster with onion bechamel sauce and sage; braised short rib with cauliflower puree, hazelnuts and capers; and vanilla ice cream for dessert. A supplemental side is available for an additional $20: tater tots with sour cream, chives and caviar. Make your reservations between 5-10 p.m. online at humblepierestaurant.com or call 919-829-9222.
▪ Raleigh’s Kimbap Cafe is offering a four-course Royal Korean feast with a glass of sparkling wine for $55. They are taking reservations from 5-10 p.m. Call 919-900-8053. Info: kimbap-cafe.com
▪ When everyone else zigs, Little Hen restaurant zags. Little Hen is offering its a la carte menu with no set seatings or prix fixe menu. For a reservation, call 919-363-0000. Info: littlehennc.com
▪ Margaux’s restaurant in North Raleigh is offering a four-course prix fixe meal. For diners who choose seatings at 5:30 p.m., 6 p.m. or 6:30 p.m., it costs $69. For diners who choose seatings at 8:30 p.m., 9 p.m. or 9:30 p.m., it costs $99. The later reservations include a champagne toast, party favors and karaoke entertainment. Courses include jumbo lump crab and dill dip with fried bread crumbs and lavasch; Caesar salad; or roast half Maine lobster with saute shrimp, linguini and vodka cream sauce. To see the full menu, go to margauxsrestaurant.com/menus/new-years-eve-bash. Call 919-846-9846.
▪ Cary’s Maximillians Grill & Wine Bar is offering a special menu, including these dishes: lobster bisque, cornmeal-encrusted fried oyster salad, wild mushroom arancini, Voodoo tuna (peppercorn-encrusted Ahi tuna, baby shrimp, spicy ginger-cumin-garlic-coconut shellfish sauce with Thai chili, cilantro, sugar snap
peas and mahogany fire noodles), and New Zealand rack of lamb with grainy mustard rub, chick pea-black walnut-roasted pepper cous-cous and citrus-mint gastrique. Call 919-465-2455.
▪ Oro in downtown Raleigh is offering a three-course prix fixe menu for $60 per person. The courses include such options as lobster bisque with grilled corn and creme fraiche; pan roasted bronzini with sage whipped potatoes, fennel citrus wedges and avocado; and warm chocolate salted caramel soufflé. To see full menu, go to ororaleigh.com/new-years-eve-oro-downtown-raleigh/. Call 919-239-4010.
▪ Raleigh’s Plates Neighborhood Kitchen is offering a five-course prix fixe menu for $69 per person plus $19 for wine pairings. There are two seatings: 6:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. The menu selections includes seared scallop, black garlic and caramelized shallot puree, edamame and shiitake mushrooms; seafood risotto of shrimp, scallop, squid and yuzu butter; and ganache-drenched swiss rolls with chocolate soil and peppermint ice cream. To see full menu, go to plateskitchen.com/menu/new-years-eve-sat-dec-31-630-930pm/. Call 919-828-0018.
▪ Raleigh’s Poole’s Diner is offering a three-course prix fixe meal for $75 per person. Among the menu choices: crispy N.C. oysters with pickled Caesar, shaved Romaine and roasted tomato; Wagyu beef short ribs with Carolina Gold risotto croquettes and greens; and lemon cream tart with pistachios. To see the full menu, go to ac-restaurants.com/pooles-diner/new-years-eve-at-pooles-diner/. To make your reservation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or give us a call at 919-832-4477.
▪ Royale, on Raleigh’s City Market, is offering a dinner specials, including raw oysters, oysters Rockefeller, caviar and Champagne, saffron risotto with prawns and more. See full menu at royaleraleigh.com For a reservation, call 919-977-3043.
▪ Saint Jacques French Cuisine in North Raleigh is offering a special prix fixe menu for $85 per person. Some of the courses include creamy N.C. she-crab soup; beef tenderloin, morels sauce, buttery Yukon mashed potatoes, bacon-wrapped haricots verts and provençal tomatoes; and Madagascar vanilla bean crème brûlée with a caramelized sugar crust. To see full menu, go to http://saintjacquesfrenchcuisine.com/viewmenus.html. Call 919-862-2770.
▪ Raleigh’s Standard Foods is offering its regular menu plus specials and accepting dinner reservations until midnight. Some of the specials include full North Carolina caviar service with bilinis and traditional accompaniments for $125 an ounce; princess-cut gigged N.C. flounder stuffed with N.C. shrimp and blue crab for $80; 32-ounce grass fed North Carolina rib-eye with beets, roasted cauliflowers and Marchand de Vin for $75; Alsatian-style pork with smoked pork chops, duck ham, pork belly, tender pork shank and pilsner-braised sauerkraut for $70. Call 919- 307-4652.
▪ Sullivan’s Steakhouse in Raleigh is offering a four-course menu available for $69 per person from 3-5 p.m. and $89 per person for reservations from 5-11 p.m. The menu includes oysters, champagne, lobster-stuffed shrimp and black velvet cake. To see the full menu, go to sullivanssteakhouse.com/raleigh/menus/new-years-eve. Call 919-833-2888 for reservations.
▪ Cary’s The Umstead Hotel and Spa is offering a New Year’s Eve celebration from 9:30 p.m.-1:30 a.m. including live music by The Soul Psychedelique, premium drinks, food and a toast at midnight. The menu includes oysters with champagne mignonette; crab claws with basil aoili; and coffee-rubbed beef tenderloin with garlic cream. The full menu is impressive and posted at theumstead.com//assets/pdfs/NYE2017.pdf. Tickets are $200 all inclusive and can be purchased at 919-447-4050. For more details, go to theumstead.com/events/new-years-eve-celebration.
▪ Raleigh’s Vivace restaurant is offering a four-course menu, which costs $55 per person or $80 with wine pairings. The menu offerings include pear and gorgonzola salad, lobster Carbonara and flourless chocolate tart. Full menu: vivaceraleigh.com/menu/new-years-eve. For reservations, call 919-787-7747.
▪ Durham’s Blu Seafood is offering a few specials and its a la carte menu. Some of the menu specials include lobster risotto, an oysters and bubbles flight (five oysters with a glass of sparkling wine) and whole roasted NC Fish with country ham orange relish with braised kale. To see all specials, go to bluseafoodandbar.com/events. Call 919-286-9777.
▪ Durham’s Counting House restaurant at 21c Hotel is offering a five-course dinner for $69-$75 per person. Menu items include oysters topped with trout roe and crème fraîche; and grilled wagyu ribeye with braised onions, laser potatoes and sweet carrots; and for dessert, hazelnut opera torte. Wine pairings are available for an additional $25 per person. For a reservation, call 919-956-6760. To see the full menu, go to countinghousenc.com/files/2016/12/New-Years-Dinner-2016-menu.pdf.
▪ Dashi in downtown Durham is offering a four-course meal in the izakaya. The cost is $55 per person or $85 with wine pairings. Reservations also available in the ramen shop. Call 919-251-9335. Info: dashiramen.com/events/
▪ The Durham Hotel in Durham is offering a four-course dinner featuring black truffles, oysters, caviar and more for $75 per person. Reservations available from 5:30 p.m.-11 p.m. After dinner, there is a party on the rooftop bar features drinks, party favors, a shrimp cocktail and oyster bar. Cost: $75 per person. Call 919-768-8831. Details: thedurham.com/event/new-years-eve-2/.
▪ Durham’s Littler restaurant still had reservations as of Thursday afternoon. To see their menu, go to http://littlerdurham.com/img/littlermenu.pdf. Call 919-374-1118.
▪ Motto in Durham is offering a four-course prix fixe meal for $45 per person plus $30 for beverage pairings. The prix fixe is also available a la carte. Some of the courses include tagliatelle with porcini broth, roasted oyster mushrooms, chili, basil and breadcrumbs; venison wellington with aligot potatoes, creamed collards and mushroom jus; and for dessert, sticky toffee pudding with a hot bourbon cream. Call 984-219-1965. Info: mottodurham.com
▪ Durham’s Parizade restaurant is offering seatings at 5:30 p.m., 6 p.m., 6:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. with the a la carte menu. Celebration seatings starts at 9:15 p.m. and include a four-course prix fixe meal with champagne toast for $80 per person. The band Crossover Drive will be performing. For reservations, call 919-286-9712. Details: parizadedurham.com/events/new-years-eve-party/
▪ Durham’s Picnic is offering a three-course prix fixe menu for $43 but the courses can be purchased a la carte. Selections could include: sweet potato ravioli with brown butter, sage and spiced pecans; N.C. crab cake, smoked buttermilk remoulade, petite salad of fennel, frisee, citrus and raddish; and for dessert, Meyer lemon crème brûlée. Reservations are recommended; call 919-908-9128. (The menu is posted as part of our photo gallery.) See full menu at picnicdurham.com/ring-in-the-new-year-with-picnic/
▪ Durham’s Piedmont restaurant is serving a fixed five-course meal for $60 per person and an additional $25 for wine pairings. Some of the courses include shrimp and grits with kohlrabi and benne seeds; quail with carrots, sweet potato and collards; and coffee pot de creme. To see the menu, go to piedmontrestaurant.com/#events Call 919-683-1213.
▪ Durham’s Primal Food and Spirits is offering dinner specials and its a la carte menu. Some of the menu specials include deviled eggs with lump crab and candied bacon, crab mac and cheese with truffle butter and slow-roasted, wood-grilled prime rib with horseradish cream. To see all specials, go to primalfoodandspirits.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/NYE-1627.pdf. Call 919-248-3000.
▪ Washington Duke Inn is offering a four-course meal for $75 per person. Reservations available from 5:30-10:30 p.m. Details: washingtondukeinn.com/durham-fine-dining/holiday-dining-2016/. Call 919-490-0999.
▪ Watts Grocery in Durham is offering a special menu, including pan-fried grit cake with a poached egg and shiitake “bacon” and salsa verde; crispy pork belly with garlic-sauteed collard greens and fried black eyed peas with coffee stout sauce; grilled beef tenderloin au poivre with smashed new potatoes and grilled asparagus; and lobster mac ‘n cheese with chives and diced roasted tomatoes. To see the menu, go to http://nando.com/4dr. Call 919-416-5040.
Orange and Chatham Counties
▪ Antonia’s in Hillsborough is offering a four-course meal with a glass of Prosecco wine for $60 per person. Some of the offerings include smoked salmon rolls filled with lump crab meat and avocado and drizzled with saffron vinaigrette; housemade fettuccine with Maine lobster, cognac, shallots, cream and fresh basil; and port wine-poached cinnamon pears with lemon zabaglione. To see full menu, go to antoniashillsborough.com/upcoming-events/ and click on menu link. To make a reservation, call 919-643-7722, send an email to email@example.com or go online antoniashillsborough.com/upcoming-events/.
▪ Chapel Hill’s Bin 54 is taking reservations starting at 5 p.m. They will offer a full a la carte menu as well as specials. If you pre-order a bottle of Dom Perignon champagne, it will be a half price. Call 919-969-1155. Details: giorgiosgroup.com/event/new-years-party-at-bin-54-steak-and-cellar/
▪ Lantern restaurant is offering a special New Year’s menu featuring roasted Maine oysters, orange duck and warm native persimmon pudding. The three-course dinner costs $68 per person. Wine pairings cost an additional $27. To see menu, go to lanternrestaurant.com/menus/nye2016.html. To make a reservation, call 919-969-8846.
▪ The Root Cellar and Cafe in Chapel Hill is hosting a New Year’s Eve Farm Dinner is 6:30-9 p.m. The Spanish-inspired five-course meal includes seville and blood orange salad, paella and hand pies with sweet potato and almond cream. To see the full menu and purchase tickets, go to eventbrite.com/e/new-years-eve-farm-dinner-tickets-30057493773.