We’re in the middle of food truck rodeo season.
Here’s what the rest of the season looks like. Note that many websites feature maps of the trucks’ locations, so you can head straight for your favorite and save a little time standing in line. Most also are held rain or shine. Check websites and social media for updates on food trucks and details.
▪ Raleigh: The Downtown Raleigh Food Truck Rodeo features more than 50 food trucks spread out along Fayetteville Street in downtown Raleigh. Upcoming dates are June 11 (noon to 7 p.m.), Aug. 6 (3 to 9 p.m.) and Oct. 8 (noon to 7 p.m.). Dogs are advised to stay at home. downtownraleighfoodtruckrodeo.com/
▪ Durham: The Durham Central Park Food Truck Rodeo is five times a year and boasts that it’s the original food truck rodeo of the Triangle. More than 50 trucks congregate at Durham Central Park at 501 Foster St., accompanied by live music and local brewers. Upcoming rodeos are June 18 (noon to 4 p.m.), Sept. 3 (noon to 4 p.m.) and Nov. 5. durhamcentralpark.org
Never miss a local story.
▪ Cary: Cary’s Downtown Chowdown (formerly known as the Chatham Street Chowdown) is leaving its East Chatham Street home and moving to the refurbished Academy Street for the next rodeo. Head to Academy Street between Chatham Street and Dry Avenue and the new Downtown Park. The Cary rodeo features 30 trucks, beer and wine vendors along with live music and seating areas. Upcoming rodeos are June 25, July 30 and Oct. 1, all from noon to 5:30 p.m. townofcary.org (search “Downtown Chowdown”)
▪ Knightdale: The town hosts Food Truck Thursdays from April through June and September through November at Knightdale Station Park, 810 North First Ave. One truck is at the park for lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. while two to five trucks come to the park for dinner from 6 to 8 p.m. There are covered shelters. Live music is featured on the third Thursday dinner of the month. There won’t be lunch trucks July 20 or Aug. 17. knightdalenc.gov (search “Food Truck Thursdays”)
▪ Holly Springs: A dozen food trucks will join the regular Holly Springs Farmers Market Saturday, June 24, for the Park It in the Market Food Truck Rodeo. The rodeo is 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. across the street from Holly Springs Town Hall, 128 S. Main St., in the East Center Street Public Parking Lot. (The market starts at 8:30 a.m.) There also will be live music and children’s activities. Another food truck rodeo is scheduled Sept. 23. hollyspringsnc.us
▪ Wake Forest: The Wake Forest Food Truck Rodeo has two more events scheduled July 23 and Oct. 29. The July 23 event is noon to 4 p.m. at The Renaissance Centre at 405 S. Brooks St. in downtown Wake Forest. More than 15 trucks will be on site, plus a beer tent will be provided by Brooks Street Bowl. facebook.com/wakeforestfoodtruckrodeo/
Know of a food truck rodeo? Email email@example.com.