Wine Authorities and Raleigh’s Garland restaurant are partnering for a five-course dinner at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 17, featuring Austrian wines from the Meinklang estate.
Here is the menu:
▪ Strawberry shrub marinated beets, cucumber, radish, yogurt paneer, crème fraiche and popped rice paired with 2013 Pinot Noir Rosé Frizzante “Prosa.”
▪ Local fish crudo, pink peppercorn and micro salad paired with 2014 Gruner Veltliner.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Ham and Littleneck clam custard, chili and green onions paired with 2013 Pinot Gris “Graupert.”
▪ Grilled flank steak, charred summer squash, bagna cauda, roasted onion-fennel relish and Spring chimichurri paired with 2013 Burgenlandred.
▪ Beet compote tart, blueberry gastrique, whipped local cheese and coriander candied almonds paired with 2010 Sank Laurent “Konkret.”
The restaurant notes: Vegetarian options for all courses available with 48-hour advanced notice; menu components may be switched with comparable ingredients depending on availability.
The price is $60 per person plus tax and gratuity.
Garland restaurant is at 14 W. Martin St., Raleigh, 919-833-6886.