Here is a roundup of upcoming heirloom tomato dinners across the Triangle:
▪ Raleigh’s 18 Seaboard is hosting heirloom tomato dinners July 27 and 28. Four courses plus wine costs $65 per person. For a reservation, call 919-861-4318.
▪ Craig LeHoullier is partnering with Raleigh chef Ashley Christensen for a five-course heirloom tomato dinner with wine pairings on Aug. 18. The dinner will be held at her new event space, Bridge Club in downtown Raleigh. LeHoullier will be signing and selling copies of his book. Cost: $108
Never miss a local story.
Other restaurants with heirloom tomato events include:
▪ Piedmont in Durham, which is offering an on-going three-course heirloom tomato tasting dinner Mondays thru Thursdays until tomato season ends. Piedmont is sourcing 55 different tomato varieties from its farm partner, Coon Rock Farm. Cost: $35 per person, $50 with wine pairings.
Info: 919-683-1213, piedmontrestaurant.com/events/
▪ Cary’s Whisk kitchenwares store and cooking school has an interactive heirloom tomato class with Jamie Dement, co-owner of Coon Rock Farm at 2 p.m. Aug. 9. Cost: $59.
Info: 919-322-2458, whiskcarolina.com
▪ Primal Food and Spirits in Durham has a four-course tomato dinner with wine pairings at 7 p.m. July 29 and Aug. 12. Cost: $55.
Info: 919-248-3000, primalfoodandspirits.com/events/