If you have been procrastinating about buying tickets for TerraVita Food & Drink Festival, you are in luck: organizers offered a 10 percent discount to Mouthful readers.
The annual three-day event in Chapel Hill will be. Oct. 8-10 event.
Here’s the code: BestofTVFaw15.
The code will produce a 10 percent discount on most events, except the East meets West dinner. The discount code must be redeemed by 11:45 pm on Monday, Sept. 28.
Never miss a local story.
To buy tickets and see a complete schedule: terravitaevent.com
Some of the highlights of the Oct. 8-10 event include:
▪ A kick-off event at 3 p.m. Oct. 8 at the Varsity Theater in Chapel Hill featuring a panel discussion with James Beard-award-winning Raleigh chef Ashley Christensen, Farmer Foodshare founder Margaret Gifford, Tasting Table editor Kat Kinsman, cookbook author Virginia Willis and chef Mike Moore, founder of The Blind Pig Supper Club. Cost: $45.
▪ From 9-11:30 p.m. Oct. 8, a Lambs and Clams afterparty at the Weathervane restaurant at Southern Season in Chapel Hill. It will feature food from Rappahannock Oyster Co. and Craig Rogers of Border Springs Farm. Cost: $55.
▪ From 5:30-8:30 p.m. Oct. 9, a Pits, Spits & Grills dinner will feature many chefs and pitmasters, including Ashley Christensen of AC Restaurants in Raleigh, Jason Stanhope of Fig in Charleston, S.C., Sam Jones of Skylight Inn BBQ from Ayden and Ben Adams and Wyatt Dickson of the soon-to-open Picnic in Durham. The dinner will be served on the Carrboro Town Commons. Cost: $75.
▪ There is also the Sustainable Classroom on Oct. 9 and 10 featuring culinary workshops, food and beverage tastings and discussions. Cost: $55-$110.
▪ Saturday’s grand tasting includes more than 40 chefs and food and drink artisans from across the state. Cost: $75.