UPDATED 12/18: Margaux’s, Humble Pie, Lantern, Dashi, Triangle Seafood Restaurant, Pittsboro Roadhouse and Garland.
UPDATED 12/19: Death & Taxes, Root Cellar
UPDATED 12/22: Cave 1912.
Never miss a local story.
UPDATED 12/28: Piedmont, bu.ku
UPDATED 12/29: Matthews House
UPDATED 12/30: Little Hen, Standard Foods.
Here are a few options if you are still looking for reservations:
▪ I love this idea from Little Hen in Apex. They are offering a three-course prix fixe meal for $45 per person not only on New Year’s Eve night but through the weekend. So if you cannot or do not want to venture out on New Year’s Eve, you can still go have a lovely meal to celebrate 2016. To see the menu, go to http://www.littlehennc.com/#!menu-nye/cubm. Call 919-363-0000.
▪ Raleigh’s Standard Foods is offering four courses for $60 with wine pairings available for an additional $30. Call: 919-307-4652.
▪ UPDATED: Cary’s Belle at the Jones House is hosting a special New Year’s Eve dinner The event includes a cocktail and appetizer before a sit-down dinner and a dessert buffet, live music, dancing and a complimentery champagne toast at midnight. The menu includes seafood bisque, salad, filet mignon, pommes Anna and roasted vegetables. Make reservations online at http://bit.ly/NYE2015atBelleinCary or call 919-378-9724. Cost: $99.95.
▪ The Umstead Hotel & Spa in Cary is hosting a party, which includes live music, premium spirits, food stations and a champagne toast. Cost: $185 per person. Call 919-447-4050. Info: theumstead.com/dining/restaurants-raleigh-nc
▪ Raleigh’s Coquette is offering a four-course meal for $50. Call 919-789-0606 for a reservation. Info: coquetteraleigh.com
▪ Southern Season’s Weathervane resturant in Chapel Hill is offering a three-course meal with a glass of champagne for $65 per person and a optional wine pairing for an additional $15. Reservations accepted for 5-9 p.m. Call 919-929-9466. See menu at southernseason.com/events/single/?location=chapel-hill&type=dinners&id=17610
▪ Raleigh’s Humble Pie is now taking reservations for New Year’s Eve starting at 5 p.m. There will be an a la carte dinner as well as specials and menu favorites. A deejay will start at 10 p.m. and the party includes party favors and a complimentary champagne toast at midnight. Make your reservation by calling: 919-829-9222
▪ Lantern in Chapel Hill is hosting a three-course menu for $68 with an optional wine-pairing for an additional $27. To see the menu, go to lanternrestaurant.com/menus/nye2015.html. For a reservation, call 919-969-8846.
▪ Margaux’s in North Raleigh is offering special four-course menu with various options. There are two rounds of seatings: one round at 5:30 p.m., 6 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. for $69 and a second round at 8:30 p.m., 9 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. for $99. See the full menu at: margauxsrestaurant.com/menus/new-years-eve-bash. Call 919-846-9846.
▪ The Pittsboro Roadhouse is hosting “One Enchanting Evening” with the N.C. Revelers Big Band Orchestra. It includes dancing, heavy hors d’oeuvres and desserts, party favors and a champagne toast from 9 p.m.-1 a.m. The cost is $90 per person. Details: pittsbororoadhouse.com/new-years-eve. For a reservation, call 919-542-2432.
▪ Dashi Ramen in Durham is offering a five-course Omakase dinner in its upstairs Japanese pub on New Year’s Eve. Omakase is the Japanese version of a tasting menu. Chef Billy Cotter will prepare the five-course meal, which costs $55 per person or $85 with beverage pairings. A 20 percent tip will automatically be added. Vegetarian options are available. The dinner will be served in the upstairs pub and the downstairs ramen shop will be open for business as usual. Reservations are available from 5-9 p.m. To make a reservation, call general manager Pablo Rocha at 919-998-9541. A return call from Rocha is required for a confirmed reservation. The restaurant is at 415 E. Chapel Hill St., Durham. Info: 919-251-9335, dashiramen.com.
▪ The new Triangle Seafood Restaurant and Bar in Durham’s Brightleaf Square is offering a New Year’s Eve seafood boil with shrimp, clams, mussels, crab legs, potatoes, sausage and corn for $45 per person. Price includes one beer ticket and one champagne ticket. Call 919-956-7360.
▪ Raleigh’s Garland restaurant is four-course meal for $65 per person with an optional wine pairing for $20. The main course options include Moroccan braised lamb, Szechuan-glazed quail or local root vegetable gratin. To make a reservation, call 919-833-6886.
▪ Raleigh’s Death & Taxes is offering a five-course prix fixe menu for $85. (2 choices on entree and desserts.) To make a reservation, email firstname.lastname@example.org with requested time, number in party and phone number. A credit card number will be required to hold reservation. The menu is posted on Instagram @deathandtaxesnc and reposted on my Instagram, @aweigl.
▪ Chapel Hill’s The Root Cellar Cafe & Catering is offering an Italian Farm Dinner menu for $55 per person with wine pairing. For a reservation, call 919-967-3663. To see the menu, go to rootcellarchapelhill.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/NYE2015_11x171.pdf
▪ Raleigh’s Cave 1912 is offering a five-course dinner for $65 per person with $20 for optional wine pairing. To see the menu, go to the website: cave1912.com. Call 919-977-3864.
▪ Raleigh’s bu.ku restaurant is offering a special three-course menu for $65 per person with optional wine pairings for an additional cost. Complimentary champagne toast at midnight included. To see menu, go to bukuraleigh.com. Call 919-834-6963.