James Beard award-winning chef Ashley Christensen will be cooking a five-course heirloom tomato dinner at 7 p.m. June 23.
Raleigh heirloom tomato expert Craig LeHoullier will be on hand at the dinner to chat about tomatoes and will have copies of his book, “Epic Tomatoes,” for sale.
Here is the menu:
Never miss a local story.
▪ Chilled tomato soup with Sweet Million relish and smoked olive oil
▪ Heirloom tomato and North Carolina crab salad with grilled country bread, whipped sweet corn, and tomato vinegar
▪ Tomato rice, cherry tomato relish, sheep’s milk cheese
▪ Tomato-braised lamb shoulder with green tomato Parmesan and melted tomato gravy
▪ Fresh ricotta cheesecake with ground cherry marmalade
Here is the link to purchase tickets: https://epictomatodinner.eventbrite.com