Southern Season, the Chapel Hill gourmet food and kitchenwares store, is hosting a series of cooking classes inspired by James Beard award-winnig cookbooks.
Here is the schedule for the 5 p.m. classes:
▪ July 13, “Root to Leaf: A Southern Chef Cooks Through the Seasons,” by Steven Satterfield.
▪ July 27, “Gjelina: Cooking from Venice, California,” by Travis Lett.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Aug. 8, “Lighten Up Y’All: Classic Southern Recipes Made Healthy and Wholesome,” by Virginia Willis.
▪ Aug. 17, “The Jemima Code: Two Centuries of African-American Cookbooks,” by Toni Tipton-Martin.
▪ Aug. 24, “Mastering Pasta: The Art and Practice Handmade Pasta,” by Marc Vetri.
Southern Season is at 201 S. Estes Dr., Chapel Hill at University Mall.
Info: 919-929-7133, southernseason.com