Raleigh’s Angus Barn has two upcoming wine cellar events. Here are the details:
Burly Wines five-course dinner with wine pairings at 6 p.m. Sept. 17. Tickets cost $150.
Here is the menu:
▪ Roasted quail with chestnut, andouille sausage and cornbread stuffing over collards and mustard greens topped with thyme jus paired with 2014 Burly Chardonnay.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Slow-braised pork belly salad with frisee and rocket lettuce and pickled radishes paired with 2014 Burly Sauvignon Blanc.
▪ Black truffled beef medallions served with smashed turnip and Yukon gold potatoes, chevre, roasted Brussels sprouts, and baby carrots paired with 2011 and 2012 Burly Cabernet Sauvignon.
▪ Wild berry Napoleon with mango and lavender cream and raspberry and Chambord puree paired with 2012 Burly Special Select Cabernet Sauvignon.
History of Spanish wine five-course dinner with wine pairings at 6 p.m. Sept. 24. Tickets cost $130.
▪ Spanish cassoulet with smoked bacon, duck confit, chorizo and gigante white beans.
▪ Seafood salad with sea bass, shrimp, scallops and crab.
▪ Moscatel Sorbet
▪ Smoked chili-rubbed beef tenderloin with roasted red pepper chimichurri sauce, serrano-wrapped white asparagus and orzo.
▪ Cuban bread pudding with mango rum raisin sauce and guanabana ice cream.
For more information or to reserve seats call 919-278-2724. Payment upon reservation.
The restaurant is at 9401 Glenwood Ave., Raleigh.