Durham’s Spoonflower is hosting a four-hour workshop on how to make handmade tea towels printed with a cherished family recipe.
Here’s how the Durham company bills the class: “With the holidays quickly approaching, check off that gift list with a little help from local fabric printer, Spoonflower. During the four-hour hands-on workshop, learn how to design and sew your very own handmade recipe tea towels, the perfect keepsake for your cherished family recipes and gift for your family.”
The class is 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Nov. 12. It is being held at 2810 Meridian Pkwy., Suite 176, Durham. It costs $90 per person. Sign up by Nov. 7 at meetup.com/Spoonflower-Greenhouse-Events.
The cost includes 1 yard of linen cotton canvas with the printed recipe, same day processing, a boxed lunch, a factory tour and a Spoonflower coupon.
Never miss a local story.
Fiber arts market and fair
The Triangle Weavers Guild is hosting its second annual Fiber Arts Market & Fair from 1-4 p.m. Nov. 5 in Durham.
The sale includes handwoven scarves, shawls, tea towels, placemats, cocktail napkins, dyed shibori scarves, woven wire jewelry, clay buttons and more. The event also includes weaving and spinning demonstrations, hands-on activities for children and adults, yarn, books and used weaving equipment for sale.
The event will be at Triangle Fiber Arts Center located in the Old Murphy School, 3717 Murphy School Road, Durham.
More craft fairs
A few readers sent in details on a few more of their favorite upcoming craft fairs in the Triangle:
▪ Mistletoe Market is from 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Nov. 12 at Wakefield High School, 2200 Wakefield Pines Dr., Raleigh. Info: Wakefieldhsptsa.org/mistletoe-market.html
▪ The Preserve at Jordan Lake’s Seventh Annual Artisans and Crafters Fair is from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Nov. 12. The event is at 840 The Preserve Trail, Chapel Hill. Call 919-542-2779 for more information.
▪ 30th Annual Swift Creek Annual Craft Sale is from 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Nov. 18 and 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Nov. 19 at 6221 Yates Mill Pond Road, Raleigh.
▪ Sanderson Holly Days is from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Dec. 3 and 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 4 at Sanderson High School, 5500 Dixon Dr., Raleigh. Info: sandersonhollydays.com
▪ Hanukkah Handmade Market is from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Dec. 4 at Temple Beth Orr, 5315 Creedmoor Road, Raleigh. Info: hanukkahmarket.com
And here are the craft fairs we listed last week, including three this Saturday:
▪ Homespun Holiday Craft Fair, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Nov. 5 at Garner United Methodist Church, 201 Methodist Drive, Garner. Info: garnerumc.org/craft-fair
▪ On the Mend Holiday Sale, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Nov. 5 at the Garner Senior Center, 205 E. Garner Road, Garner. Info: nando.com/onthemendsale
▪ Annual Christmas Bazaar, 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Nov. 5 at Mount Zion Methodist Church, 15772 N.C. 50 Garner. Info: mountzion-umc.org
▪ Cary Senior Center Craft Show, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Nov. 19 at 120 Maury Odell Place, Cary. Info: nando.com/carycraftshow
If you have any favorite upcoming craft shows, please send the information (time, date, location) to firstname.lastname@example.org.