Take a craft class
Here’s a rundown of upcoming classes at Triangle stores and centers:
▪ Raleigh’s Gather studio is offering a class, Brush Hand Lettering, 1:30-3:30 p.m. Dec. 10. Cost: $45. Gather is at 715 N. Person St., Raleigh, gathergoodsco.com.
▪ Pins and Needles Studio offers Learning to Sew class for adults who want to learn to sew or to refresh their techniques. The classes are offered 6-8:30 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays and 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Thursdays. Six classes cost $165. Details are online. The store is at 518 Pershing Road, Raleigh, 919-821-7747, pinsandneedlesraleigh.com.
▪ The Scrap Exchange is offering a Basic Serger Workshop for students 16 or older 12:30-4:30 p.m. Nov. 20. All tools and materials are provided, but students can bring their own serger machine, fabric scissors, projects and fabrics. Cost: $30. Register online at fallserger.eventbrite.com. The Scrap Exchange is 2050 Chapel Hill Road, Durham. Info: 919-688-6960 or scrapexchange.org.
▪ Cary Quilting Co. is offering a few classes: Learn to Make a Holiday Table Runner 1:30-4:30 p.m. Nov. 19 or 1-4 p.m. Nov. 29, Cost: $35; and Bread and Butter Table Runner 1-4 p.m. Dec. 4, Cost: $45. Info: 226 E. Chatham St., Cary, 919-238-9739, caryquilting.com.
▪ Mulberry Silks & Fine Fabrics is offering what it calls “Elfs Workshops,” where students create easy, fast gift projects include pillowcases, napkins, aprons, pajama pants or boxer shorts, infinity scarf, lunch bag, stash bags and more. Basic sewing skills required. The adult class will be 1-5 p.m. Dec. 2 and a children’s class (ages 11-17) is 1-5 p.m. Dec. 10. Cost: $50 per session. Info: Historic Carr Mill Mall, 200 N. Greensboro St., Carrboro, 919-942-7455, mulberrysilks.net.
▪ Sew Crafty is offering two classes: Christmas Placement 6:30-9 p.m. Nov. 30. Cost: $45; Beginner’s Sewing class 7-9 p.m. Dec. 1, cost: $35. Info: 104 W. Parrish St., Durham, 919-740-3587, besewcrafty.com.
Home Depot offers DIY classes
The home improvement store chain offers free workshops each weekend. Here is a sample of upcoming workshops at Wake County stores: DIY Stocking Holder, 10-11:30 a.m. Nov. 19; Learn to Install Tile Flooring, 10-11:30 a.m. Nov. 20.
And it offers children’s workshops: Black Friday Picture Frame Ornament, 9 a.m.-noon Nov. 16.
These classes are at the Cary store on Walnut Street. Check individual stores for class schedules: workshops.homedepot.com.