Need to do some holiday shopping? Here are a few upcoming pop-up markets featuring local artisans:
▪ Perch Pop-Up Market will be 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Nov. 26 at Perch Studios, 106 S. Greensboro St., Carrboro. Info: nando.com/perchpopup
▪ Sola Coffee Pop-Up Market at the North Raleigh will be 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Nov. 26, Dec 3, 10 and 17. More than 25 local artisans will offer a variety of handmade holiday gifts. Sola is at 7705 Lead Mine Road, Raleigh, 919-803-8983. Info: solacoffee.com
▪ City Market Christmas will be noon-7 p.m. Nov. 27 at Raleigh’s City Market, 306 Parham St., Raleigh. A Makers’ Market with more than 20 local artisans will be in the Market Hall. Info: facebook.com/CityMarketRaleigh/events/
▪ Holiday Maker Market at Raleigh’s Gather studio from 6-10 p.m. Dec. 2. Gather’s space is on Raleigh’s East Franklin Street across from Standard Foods. Info: shop.gathergoodsco.com
▪ Raleigh Makers’ Market will be 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Dec. 3 at Raleigh Beer Garden, 614 Glenwood Ave., Raleigh. Info: raleighmakersmarket.com
▪ Bridge Club Holiday Market will be from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Dec. 10 at Raleigh chef Ashley Christensen’s event space, Bridge Club, which is above Death and Taxes. Christensen and executive pastry chef Andrew Ullom will be doing cooking demos. Brunch drinks and snacks will be available for purchase. Other vendors also will be there: HAAND Ceramics, Peppertrain Beads By Hand, Farmer’s Daughter, Videri Chocolate and Short Stack Editions Cookbooks. Event is free but tickets are required. Details: ac-restaurants.com/ac/bridge-club-holiday-market/
▪ The Patchwork Market will be from noon-5 p.m. Dec. 11 at the Durham Armory, 220 Foster St., Durham. Info: facebook.com/ThePatchworkMarket/
▪ Downtown Cary Food & Flea will be noon-4 p.m. Dec. 11 at Ashworth Village in downtown Cary at the corner of Chatham and Academy streets. Info: dtcfoodandflea.com
▪ Pop-Up Raleigh, a vintage market, will be noon-5 p.m. Dec. 17 at Trophy Brewing & Taproom, 656 Maywood Ave., Raleigh. Info: popupraleigh.com
▪ ‘Tis the Season Market will be noon-7 p.m. Dec. 18 at Raleigh’s City Market, 306 Parham St., Raleigh. A Makers’ Market with more than 20 local artisans will be in the Market Hall. Info: facebook.com/CityMarketRaleigh/events/
Haand Open Studio Event
Haand, the well-regarded Graham, N.C.-based pottery studio, is opening to the public on Dec. 10 and 11.
From 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 10, the studio will be open for tours at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m., pottery demonstrations and a holiday and seconds sale.
Then from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 11, Haand and Raleigh’s Ramble Supply Co. are hosting a pop-up shop at the studio with 12 local artisans. The event also includes music, food from Left Bank Butchery and drink from Haw River Farmhouse Ales.
HAAND is at 9473 Perry Road, Graham, 904-233-4883, haand.us
Chatham Artists Guild Open Studio Tour
Almost 50 Chatham County artists will open their studios to the public for the 24th annual Chatham Artists Guild Open Studio Tour on the first two weekends in December.
The self-guided tour is free and organized by the Chatham Artists Guild and features artists in Pittsboro, Fearrington Village, Siler City and Moncure. The artists include painters, sculptors, fiber artists, glass artists, jewelers, potters, wood-workers and even gourd artists.
The studio tour’s opening reception is 7-9 p.m. Dec. 2 at Chatham Mills, 480 Hillsborough St., Pittsboro.
The studio tour hours are 10 .m.-5 p.m. Dec. 3 and Dec. 10, noon-5 p.m. Dec. 4 and Dec. 11.
Brochures with maps and studio descriptions are available online at chathamartistsguild.org.