Zen Succulent offering terrarium class
Megan George of Raleigh’s Zen Succulent is offering a succulent terrarium class March 5 in Durham.
During the 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. class, George will cover plant selection, proper building techniques, picking the right container, maintenance and displaying within any environment. Students will make a seven-inch globe terrarium with four to five succulents inside to take home along with care instructions. All materials will be provided.
The cost is $55 or $100 for two seats. The class is held at The Makery, 401 W. Geer St., Durham.
Camellia show next weekend in Fayetteville
The 70th annual Camellia Show in Fayetteville will be March 5-6.
The Fayetteville Camellia Club’s event features a flower competition, camellia jewelry and vendors, camellia art gallery, Japanese tea ceremony on March 6 and a Japanese flower arrangement display.
Admission is free.
The show will be at the Ramada Conference Center, 1707-A Owen Drive, Fayetteville.
Classes at Homewood Nursery and Garden Center
Raleigh’s Homewood Nursery and Garden Center has two upcoming classes:
▪ Pruning trees and shrubs class, 9:30 a.m. Feb. 27. Allen Jones of Bartlett Tree Experts will teach pruning basics and how to avoid mistakes. This class is free; no registration required.
▪ Miniature garden make-and-take workshop, 9:30-11 a.m. March 5. Plants, containers, mini furniture and accessories will be available for purchase. The class is free but you must register by March 2 at email@example.com or call 919-847-0117 and ask for Denise or Patty.
The garden center is 10809 Honeycutt Road, Raleigh.
Glasses at Gather in Raleigh
Raleigh’s Gather shop is hosting do-it-yourself sewing and dyeing classes:
▪ Screen printing basics, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Feb. 27. Cost: $50.
▪ Hanging air plant, 6-8:30 p.m. March 4. Cost: $20.
▪ Watermelon Clutch, 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. March 12. Cost: $55.
▪ Ceramic herb markers, 6:30-8:30 p.m. March 14. Cost: $35.
▪ Shibori dyeing basics, a Japanese technique, 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. March 26. Cost: $50.
The shop is at 200 block of E. Franklin St., Raleigh.
Save the date: Southern Ideal Home Show
The Southern Ideal Home Show will be April 8-10 at the state fairgrounds in Raleigh.
The show brings more than 300 experts on building, remodeling, kitchen and bath, decorating and outdoor living products.
The show is 11 a.m.-7 p.m. April 8, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. April 9 and 11 a.m.-5 p.m. April 10.
Tickets cost $9. Discount tickets are available at area Walgreens March 7-April 10.