Zen Succulent offering terrarium class
Megan George of Raleigh’s Zen Succulent is offering a succulent terrarium class March 5 in Durham.
During the 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. class, George will cover plant selection, proper building techniques, picking the right container, maintenance and displaying within any environment. Students will make a seven-inch globe terrarium with four to five succulents inside to take home along with care instructions. All materials will be provided.
The cost is $55 or $100 for two seats. The class is held at The Makery, 401 W. Geer St., Durham.
Never miss a local story.
Camellia show next weekend in Fayetteville
The 70th annual Camellia Show in Fayetteville will be March 5-6.
The Fayetteville Camellia Club’s event features a flower competition, camellia jewelry and vendors, camellia art gallery, Japanese tea ceremony on March 6 and a Japanese flower arrangement display.
Admission is free.
The show will be at the Ramada Conference Center, 1707-A Owen Drive, Fayetteville.
Classes at Homewood Nursery and Garden Center
Raleigh’s Homewood Nursery and Garden Center has two upcoming classes:
▪ Pruning trees and shrubs class, 9:30 a.m. Feb. 27. Allen Jones of Bartlett Tree Experts will teach pruning basics and how to avoid mistakes. This class is free; no registration required.
▪ Miniature garden make-and-take workshop, 9:30-11 a.m. March 5. Plants, containers, mini furniture and accessories will be available for purchase. The class is free but you must register by March 2 at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-847-0117 and ask for Denise or Patty.
The garden center is 10809 Honeycutt Road, Raleigh.
Glasses at Gather in Raleigh
Raleigh’s Gather shop is hosting do-it-yourself sewing and dyeing classes:
▪ Screen printing basics, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Feb. 27. Cost: $50.
▪ Hanging air plant, 6-8:30 p.m. March 4. Cost: $20.
▪ Watermelon Clutch, 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. March 12. Cost: $55.
▪ Ceramic herb markers, 6:30-8:30 p.m. March 14. Cost: $35.
▪ Shibori dyeing basics, a Japanese technique, 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. March 26. Cost: $50.
The shop is at 200 block of E. Franklin St., Raleigh.
Save the date: Southern Ideal Home Show
The Southern Ideal Home Show will be April 8-10 at the state fairgrounds in Raleigh.
The show brings more than 300 experts on building, remodeling, kitchen and bath, decorating and outdoor living products.
The show is 11 a.m.-7 p.m. April 8, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. April 9 and 11 a.m.-5 p.m. April 10.
Tickets cost $9. Discount tickets are available at area Walgreens March 7-April 10.