Halloween deal alert: Lots of freebies and discounts
10/30/2013 5:08 PM
10/30/2013 5:07 PM
From free doughnuts to free and discounted meals, Halloween treats from retailers are abundant this year.
While kids are the major beneficiaries, there are a few that don’t require you to be among the under-12 set or dressed in costume.
Here’s a wrap-up of Halloween treats in the Triangle:• Reserve one Halloween movie on Redbox through Oct. 31 and get 50 cents off a second movie rental. Get the details HERE.
• Pizzas are $5 on Halloween at Carrabba’s restaurants. Build your own 10-inch pie or select a favorite off the menu. For five bucks more, get an Italian salad for two.
• Stop by a Sonic Drive-In and corn dogs are 50 cents all day long on Halloween.
• At Moe’s Southwest locations in the Triangle, get a free Chimichurri burrito when you dress up as your favorite “dearly departed rocker.” The freebie offer is valid Oct. 31 through Saturday, Nov. 2 as part of the chain’s Day of The Dead Musicians celebration.
• At Chipotle, burritos, bowls, salads, or orders of tacos will be $3 from 4 p.m. to closing on Oct. 31 for customers who come in dressed for Halloween.
• Kids ages 12 and under eat free at Sweet Tomatoes through Halloween night. No coupons or costumes required. One child eats free with each adult paying full-price.
• At IHOP restaurants, kids 12 and under get free “Scary Face” pancakes all day long on Oct. 31 at participating restaurants. No coupon necessary.
The buttermilk pancake comes with a whipped topping mouth and a glazed strawberry for a nose, along with two mini Oreo cookies for eyes and eight pieces of candy corn for teeth.• Krispy Kreme stores will be handing out free doughnuts on Oct. 31. No age requirement but you must wear a costume. Halloween-themed, Pumpkin Spice and Pumpkin Cheesecake doughnuts will be up for grabs.
The Raleigh, Wake Forest, Fuquay-Varina and Chapel Hill stores are participating in the freebie.• Kids eat free at On the Border restaurants through Oct. 31 with the purchase of an adult meal. Get the coupon on the chain’s Facebook page.
• Kids also eat free on Halloween at Outback Steakhouse. You must purchase an adult meal to get the freebie, according to the Outback Steakhouse Facebook page.
• Kids in costume will get a free children’s meal at Tijuana Flats restaurants on Oct. 31, according to the Tijuana Flats Facebook page. An adult entree purchase is required.
• Food Lion stores are giving away free cupcakes from the bakery to kids 12 and under who dress up as a lion on Halloween.
• Children eat free at Olive Garden restaurants through Halloween night with the purchase of an adult meal. Click HERE to get your coupon.
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
News & Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.