Under the Stage II measures still in effect, Durham residents are being asked to continue the following efforts voluntarily:
* Reduce toilet flushing to the minimum whenever practical.
* Water the lawn only when grass shows signs of withering; water late in the day, after 6 p.m. if possible.
* Limit watering of shrubs to a minimum and reuse household water when possible.
Never miss a local story.
* Limit car washing at home.
* Limit washing down sidewalks, driveways, patios and other hard surfaces.
* Use biodegradable, disposable dishes and utensils (residential and commercial) where feasible.
(CITY OF DURHAM)