The Wake County Public School System will offer the following classes through its Lifelong Learning Program. Details: 919-431-7593 or www.wcpss.net/adult-edu.
Athens Drive High School
• You’re on the Air... How to Really Make It in Voice-Overs: 7-9 p.m. Tuesday, June 24, $35.
Never miss a local story.
• Catering for the Home Chef: 6:30-9 p.m. Mondays, July 7-28, $100.
• Word for Windows Intro: 6:45-9:15 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, July 7-16, $85.
• Basics of Baking I: 6:30-9 p.m. Mondays, July 7-28, $115.
• Basics of Cooking I: 6:30-9 p.m. Wednesdays, July 9-30, $115.
• Digital Photos and Your Computer: 6:30-9:30 p.m. Thursdays, July 10-24, $85.
• Simple Web Page Design: 6:30-9:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, July 21-28, $85.
• Author Marketing: 6:30-9:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, $55.
Reedy Creek Middle School
• Get Your Money in Shape: 6:30-9:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 1, $48.
• You Can Live in Health in an Unhealthy World: 6:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesdays, July 1-8, $125.
• You Can Live in Health in an Unhealthy World: 6:30-8:30 p.m. Thursdays, July 10-17, $125.
• Get Your Money in Shape: 6:30-9:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 15, $48.
• You Can Live in Health in an Unhealthy World: 6:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesdays, July 15-22, $125.
• Get Your Money in Shape: 6:30-9:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, $48.
Green Hope PTSA
The Green Hope High School PTSA in Cary is looking for officers, committee chairs and volunteers for the 2014-15 school year. For details, email Dee Deanhardt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
150 Days of Giving
Wake Education Partnership is participating in First Tennessee Foundation’s 150 Days of Giving campaign to donate $5,000 to a different nonprofit each day through Thursday, Aug. 21, in an online voting competition. For details or to vote, go to 150daysofgiving.com.
Photo essay competition
The Cary Photographic Artists will sponsor a photo essay competition for Wake County students in ninth through 12th grade. Cash prizes range from $50 to $150, and the competition will end with an exhibit. For details, go to bit.ly/1kTh4U4.
To enter, choose one of four themes: “America to Me,” “Home Town Pride,” “Student Life” or “Our Natural World.” Send four images for your theme and a paragraph relating your photography to the theme to email@example.com between Monday, Sept. 1, and Thursday, Jan. 15.
Classroom Technology Awards
Wake Electric will accept applications from teachers for the Classroom Technology Awards grant program through Monday, Sept. 15. Grants of up to $3,000 are available. For details or to apply, call 919-863-6312 or 1-800-474-6300, email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.wemc.com/classawards.aspx.