• Almost $80,000 of Apple iPads went missing from Weatherstone Elementary School June 12. A burglar apparently entered the media center through a window and took 155 of the tablet computers, which the school valued at $500 each. Reports did not state how new the devices were. An investigation is underway.
Never miss a local story.
• Police arrested Joe Jermain Williams Friday on a felony charge of possession with intent to sell or distribute about three ounces of marijuana, according to police reports. Officers investigated Williams, 32, following neighbor’s complaints. He lives at 209K High Point Court.
• Police arrested Noel Geovany Lopez, 34, Thursday on a felony charge that he took indecent liberties with a minor, who was not a blood-related family member, according to police reports. Lopez’s listed address is 2419 Whistle Court in Raleigh.
• A 56-year-old woman escaped an attempted robbery by refusing to give a man money even after he implied that he was armed. The woman walked way unharmed from the incident near 2420 Walnut Street. Police believe the suspect was a thin-built black male, almost six-foot tall, in his early twenties who was last seen wearing khaki cargo shorts and a green Lacoste shirt with a golden alligator logo.
• Cary Police received reports of forcible entry burglaries at the following locations between June 13 and June 18: the 100 block of Rainbow Court; the 1000 block of Old Weatherstone Way; the 100 block of Woodwinds Industrial Court.
• A woman reported that an unforced-entry burglary occurred on the 1200 block of Fairlane Road Thursday.
• A home was entered on the 1200 block of Bullfinch Lane by forcing open a door on June 8. A gas mask, pocketknife and driver’s license were taken.
Compiled by staff writer Andrew Kenney and correspondent Kevin Norris