The wait is over. Friday, moviegoers will get a taste of a unique luxury movie and dining experience at North Carolina’s first CinéBistro.
CinéBistro, owned by Cobb Theatres of Birmingham, Ala., is opening at 525 Waverly Place with a foodie menu, electric reclining chairs and a fully stocked bar.
Upon entering the establishment, guests are greeted by helpful staff who direct them to the left to the concierge desk to purchase tickets or to the right, for CinéBistro’s lounge, bar or outdoor patio to enjoy food, drink and dessert. That includes pan-seared Atlantic salmon and crispy mahi soft tacos.
But before heading to the theater, here are the top 10 things you should know about CinéBistro:
Never miss a local story.
1. Reserve your seat ahead of time. Customers are required to make a reservation either online or at the concierge desk in the front lobby. Because there are only six auditoriums that range in size from 48 to 82 seats, guests are encouraged to make their reservation two to three days in advance to ensure seats will be available.
2. Movie listings will only be posted online about a week in advance. Because CinéBistro features only first-run films, movie listings will become available online after 4 p.m. on Tuesday. These listings will be for the next Friday through Thursday shows.
3. Arrive at least 30 minutes before the film is scheduled to begin. Moviegoers are encouraged to arrive a half hour before the film starts to order their meals. Food generally takes about 10 to 12 minutes to prepare. When the movie starts, service stops. Those who arrive before the 30-minute window can wait in the bar, lounge or on the outdoor patio and can order any drinks or food from the full menu.
4. How much are tickets? Tickets are $14.50 for adults for shows after 4 p.m. $12 for shows before 4 p.m. Children’s admission is $12. 3-D films are an additional $3. All prices include sales tax.
5. After 6 p.m., admission is only for ages 21 and over for all shows. Moviegoers under 21 may attend films until 6 p.m. if accompanied by an adult. Afterward, it’s just 21 and up. Identification required.
6. Daily specials are available. The menu will make use of local, seasonal ingredients and will have daily specials from Executive Chef Jason Bianco. Other menu items include shrimp mac & cheese, Korean BBQ chicken wings, lump blue crab cakes and a New York strip.
7. Food alterations can be made for food preferences and allergy needs. Staff can make adjustments to the food to suit food preferences, including gluten-free or vegetarian preferences.
8. What about tipping? A 17.5-percent gratuity will automatically be added to your bill. But this tip can be altered at the discretion of the guest by notifying the server prior to payment.
9. No cell phones allowed during the film. Throughout the movie, CinéBistro staff will periodically check whether guests are using cell phones. If someone is using their phone, staff will first ask them to put it away. If it is seen again, they will ask that person to leave the theater.
10. Relax. Each of the 48 to 82 seats in each auditorium recline, allowing customers to relax and enjoy their dinner and movie.
For information about CinéBistro, go to www.cinebistro.com/waverly or www.facebook.com/CinebistroWaverly.
Kathryn Trogdon; 919-460-2608; @KTrogdon