Several groups have organized forums and debates for upcoming municipal elections.
This fall, Cary, Apex and Fuquay-Varina will be choosing mayors and town council members or commissioners, while Holly Springs and Morrisville will be elected council members only.
Cary will hold its elections on Oct. 6. Apex, Fuquay-Varina, Holly Springs and Morrisville will hold elections on Nov. 3.
Here is a look at what to expect. Send details of additional forums to email@example.com.
▪ Thursday, Sept. 17: The Cary Chamber of Commerce will host a forum at Prestonwood Country Club, 300 Prestonwood Parkway, Cary, with Cary Town Council candidates for mayor, at-large and Districts B and D. Breakfast begins at 7:30 a.m. with the program starting at 8 a.m. Cost is $10 for members and $15 for non-members. carychamber.com
▪ Monday, Sept. 21: The Town of Cary will host the Cary Community Forum for Town Council candidates. The forum will air on Cary TV from Sept. 21 through Oct. 5. It will also be made available on the town’s website at townofcary.org and YouTube channel at bit.ly/1JS7uMd.
▪ Monday, Sept. 28: The Heart of Cary Association’s downtown debate is at The Cary theater, 122 E. Chatham St., Cary. Doors open at 6 p.m. for networking and refreshments. The debate begins at 7 p.m. with an intermission at 7:45 p.m. The second half of the debate is at 8:15 p.m. The event will be emceed by Steve Zaytoun with WRAL anchor Renee Chou as moderator. Questions primarily will focus on downtown Cary. heartofcary.org
Thursday, Oct. 22: The Chamber of Commerce will have a forum at the Holiday Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, 930 Airport Blvd., Morrisville. Registration and networking is 5 to 6:15 p.m. The forum is 6:15 to 8 p.m.
Thursday, Sept. 24: The Fuquay-Varina Chamber of Commerce hosts a candidate forum from 7 to 9 p.m. in the multi-purpose room of Windsor Point Retirement Community, 1221 Broad St., Fuquay-Varina. fuquay-varina.com
Tuesday, Oct. 13: The Fuquay-Varina Chamber of Commerce hosts a candidate forum from 7 to 9 p.m. The location hasn’t been announced. fuquay-varina.com
Tuesday, Oct. 13: The Apex Chamber of Commerce hosts a candidates forum for Apex Town Council and mayoral candidates from 7 to 9 p.m. at Apex Town Hall, 73 Hunter St., Apex. apexchamber.com
Thursday, Oct. 22: The Holly Springs Chamber of Commerce will host a forum beginning from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St., Holly Springs. hollyspringschamber.org
▪ Western Wake Democrats: A meeting with Democratically endorsed municipal candidates from Cary, Apex and Morrisville is at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 30, at the Mellow Mushroom, 4300 NW Cary Parkway, Cary. The group’s social hour is 6-7 p.m. and the program begins at 7 p.m. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ Western Wake Candidate Meet and Greet: Candidates from Apex, Holly Springs, Morrisville and Fuquay-Varina will meet at 7 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 8, at W.E. Hunt Recreation Center, 301 Stinson Ave., Holly Springs. It is one of three forums hosted by Delta Sigma Theta Sorority chapters, Wake League of Women Voters, WakeUP Wake County and El Pueblo. The forum will address issues such as growth planning, transportation, water supply, housing and police issues. Candidates will be asked questions by the organizations as well as the audience and will be allowed to make opening and closing statements. Registration is not required but encouraged. To register and for more information, go to www.wakeupwakecounty.org.