Preschool Story Time
Barnes & Noble hosts story time for preschoolers at 10 a.m. Wednesdays at 760 SE Maynard Road, Cary.
The Growers Market of Fuquay-Varina is open from 3-6 p.m. Wednesdays in Centennial Square at the corner of North Main and East Academy streets, Fuquay-Varina. For details, visit www.growers-market.org.
‘Batman’ 75th anniversary
Barnes & Noble will host trivia, drawings for prizes, a costume contest and other events from 5-8 p.m. at 760 SE Maynard Road, Cary. Come dressed as your favorite “Batman” character.
Raizin’ a Ruckus Country Music Series
Amanda Daughtry will perform from 5:30-8:30 p.m. at Koka Booth Amphitheatre, 8003 Regency Parkway, Cary. Tickets are $5 for teens and adults and free for ages 12 and younger. Ruckus Pizza restaurants in Cary, Morrisville and Raleigh will offer a limited number of free tickets. Ruckus Pizza and radio station B93.9 are sponsoring the concert series. For details and tickets, go to www.boothamphitheatre.com. For Ruckus Pizza locations, go to www.ruckuspizza.com.
Holly Springs Community Band open rehearsal
The public is invited to listen to the Holly Springs Community Band rehearse from 7-8:45 p.m. Wednesdays at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St. For more information, go to www.hollyspringsband.net.
Cambridge Village of Apex will host a Wellness Luncheon from noon to 1:30 p.m. at 951 S. Hughes St., Apex. Participants will discuss senior-living options. Speakers include experts from Rex Healthcare, SeniorBridge and Doctors Making Housecalls. To reserve a seat, call 919-363-2080.
Jazz and Gelato
SearStone’s Winston Clubhouse will host the Capital Jazz Band and serve gelato from 3:30-5:30 p.m. at 17001 SearStone Drive, Cary. Learn about SearStone’s community and meet residents. To RSVP, call 1-877-636-9769 or go to www.searstone.com/jazz.
• The Cary Arts Center will host a reception for the Watercolor Society of North Carolina and the center’s faculty exhibition from 6-8 p.m. at 101 Dry Ave.
• Cary’s Town Hall gallery will host a reception for “Full Spectrum: Art in Colored Pencil” from 6-8 p.m. at 316 N. Academy St.
• The Herbert C. Young Community Center will host a reception for artwork by Mohammed Benchi from 6-8 p.m. at 101 Wilkinson Ave., Cary.
The Doug Largent Trio will perform a free concert from 6:30-9 p.m. at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St. Bring a lawn chair and picnic. Do not bring alcohol. For details, go to www.hollyspringsnc.us.
Starlight Concert Series
Jamrock will perform at 7 p.m. at the Page-Walker Arts & History Center, 119 Ambassador Loop, Cary. Food and lawn chairs are allowed, but pets and alcohol are not. For details, go to bit.ly/1iPPWjS.
Ursula Vernon will sign two new books in her “DragonBreath” series for young readers at 7 p.m. at Barnes & Noble, 760 SE Maynard Road, Cary.
Movies by Moonlight
WakeMed Cary Hospital will sponsor a screening of “Now You See Me” at dusk, around 8:30 p.m., at Koka Booth Amphitheatre, 8003 Regency Parkway, Cary.
Tickets are $3, free for kids younger than 12. A portion of proceeds will benefit the WakeMed Children’s Hospital. Picnics are allowed, but pets are not. Tickets are only available at the amphitheater box office from noon to 6 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays. For details, call 919-462-2025 or go to www.boothamphitheatre.com.
• The Cary Downtown Farmers Market is open from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 135 W. Chatham St. For details, go towww.caryfarmersmarket.com
• The Western Wake Farmers’ Market is open from 8 a.m. to noon at 1225 Morrisville-Carpenter Road, Cary. For details, go towww.westernwakefarmersmarket.org
• The Holly Springs Farmers Market is open from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in downtown Holly Springs. The Holly Springs Community Band will perform at 10:30 a.m. For details, go towww.hollyspringsnc.us
• The Apex Farmers Market is open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 220 N. Salem St., Apex. For details, go towww.apexfarmersmarket.com
• The Growers Market of Fuquay-Varina is open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Centennial Square at the corner of North Main and East Academy streets. For details, go towww.growers-market.org
Lindsey Kaplowitz, founder of Starpath Dance Academy, will lead a free dance session for National Dance Day at 8:30 a.m. at the softball fields at 425 Mills Park Drive, Cary.
Free Family Fun Day
White Tiger Taekwondo and Family Fitness Facility’s 19th annual Free Family Fun Day will be from noon to 4 p.m. at 1605 NW Maynard Road, Cary. For details, go to www.whitetigertkd.com.
Jonathan Byrd will perform at 7 p.m. at the Apex Nature Park, 2600 Evans Road. The free outdoor concert is presented by The Halle Cultural Arts Center.