Cary Photographic Artists
The Cary Photographic Artists will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 13, at The Cary, 122 E. Chatham St. Joe Lipka will give a presentation. Visitors are welcome. For details, go to www.caryphotographicartists.org.
Pilot Club of Cary
The Pilot Club of Cary will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 13, at the Page-Walker Arts & History Center, 119 Ambassador Loop, Cary. The local club is part of Pilot International, an organization that works to increase awareness and prevention of brain-related disorders and disabilities. For details, call president Mary Reynolds at 919-249-6952 or membership chair Pat Dockstader at 919-854-0732.
Never miss a local story.
The Triangle Seagals, a group of former or presently serving women of all sea services, will meet at noon Saturday, Aug. 16, at Perkins restaurant, 908 U.S. 64, Apex. Mary Samouelian, an archivist and documentary artist, will speak. For details, call 919-303-8205 by Thursday, Aug. 14, or go to sites.google.com/site/triangleseagals.
Western Wake Democrats
Western Wake Democrats will meet for a potluck at 2:30 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 24, in the ballroom of the Cary Senior Center, 120 Maury Odell Place, Cary. Local political candidates will speak. RSVP to email@example.com.
• The Perimeter Park Toastmasters meet every other Wednesday from noon to 1 p.m. at the United Way office at 2400 Perimeter Park Drive, Suite 150, Morrisville. Details:
• The Heart of Cary Toastmasters, which focuses on public speaking, meet from 7-8 p.m. the second and fourth Wednesday of the month in the second-floor meeting room of the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave. Visitors are welcome.
• The Techtalk Toastmasters Club meets from 5:30-6:45 p.m. Thursdays at NetApp Building Two, 7301 Kit Creek Road in Research Triangle Park. The club helps members sharpen communication and leadership skills. Details:techtalk.toastmastersclubs.org
• The Apex Rotary Club meets at 12:30 p.m. Thursdays at Carrabba’s Italian Grill, 1201 Haddon Hall Drive, Apex. Details: 919-387-1040.
• Cary Kildaire Rotary Club meets at 6 p.m. Thursdays at MacGregor Downs Country Club, 430 St. Andrews Lane, Cary. New members and visitors are welcome. Details:www.cary-kildairerotaryclub.org
• The Cary Page Rotary Club meets for breakfast at 7 a.m. Fridays at Woodland Terrace, 300 Kildaire Woods Drive. Details: 919-522-0104 orwww.carypagerotary.org
XYZ Seniors Club
The XYZ Seniors Club meets at 10 a.m. the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at the Cary Senior Center, 120 Maury Odell Place in Bond Park. For details, call Becky Furno at 919-467-8332.
Cary Pilot Club
The Cary Pilot Club meets at 7 p.m. the second Wednesday of each month at the Page-Walker Arts & History Center, 119 Ambassador Loop, Cary. For information, call Nancy Hunter at 919-469-0035 or visit www.carypilotclub.org.
Holly Springs Garden Club
The Holly Springs Garden Club meets the second Wednesday of each month from 7-9 p.m. at Bass Lake Park, 900 Bass Lake Road. Activities include speakers, plant exchanges, field trips and community gardening projects. For details, visit www.hollyspringsgardenclubnc.com.
Apex Travel Club
The Apex Travel Club meets from 7-8 p.m. the second Wednesday of each month in the arts and crafts room at the Apex Community Center, 53 Hunter St. The club is for Apex and surrounding-area residents ages 50 and older.
Holly Springs Community Band
The Holly Springs Community Band is looking for adult woodwind, brass, percussion, keyboard, bass and guitar musicians to practice with the band from 7-8:45 p.m. Wednesdays at the Holly Springs Cultural Center. Musicians must be able to read music. Some positions are available for aspiring, talented and mature junior- and senior-level high school musicians. Details: www.hollyspringsband.net.
Apex Kiwanis Club
Apex Kiwanis meets most Wednesdays at Anna’s Pizzeria, 100 N. Salem St., Apex. Details: Betty Obremski at 919-859-5810 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Hat Society
The Ladies over 50 Red Hat Chapter, “Glitzy Daytime Dollies,” meets the second Thursday of each month. For information, call Lynn at 919-362-3902 or visit www.redhatsociety.com.
Cary Woman’s Club
//September through May//Cary Woman’s Club meets at 9:30 a.m. the second Thursday of the month at the Herbert C. Young Community Center, 101 Wilkinson Ave., Cary. Women in Apex, Cary, Fuquay-Varina, Holly Springs and Morrisville are invited. For details, call membership chair Lillian Smith at 919-469-9528.
Between the Lines Book Club
The Between the Lines Book Club meets at 7 p.m. the second Thursday of the month except July at the West Regional Library in Cary. Details: 919-463-8500.
Swift Creek American Legion
The Swift Creek American Legion Post 530 meets at 7 p.m. the second Thursday of each month at the Swift Creek Community Center, 6221 Yates Mill Pond Road, Raleigh. Socializing begins at 5:45 p.m., and dinner begins at 6:15 p.m. Dinner is $6. All active military personnel, veterans and their spouses are invited to the meetings.
TOPS in Cary
Take Off Pounds Sensibly holds morning meetings at 9 a.m. Thursdays at Greenwood Forest Baptist Church, 110 SE Maynard Road, Cary. Details: email@example.com.
Cary Leads Group
The Cary Leads Group meets for networking with business owners and professionals from 9:45-11 a.m. Thursdays in the second-floor workshop at Hope Community Church, 821 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Meetings start at 10 a.m. For details, go to caryleadsgroup.net.
VFW Post 7383
• The VFW hosts bingo on Thursdays with $2,500 paid out each week. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary; pack sales begin at 6:15 p.m. The early-bird game starts at 7 p.m. and the main game starts at 8 p.m.
• The VFW accepts unserviceable U.S. flags any afternoon after 1 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary. Details:www.caryvfw.org
Keep Fit Club
Keep Fit uses the Power 90 Extreme home-fitness program to support members through their weight-loss journeys. The club meets from 6:30-7:30 p.m. Thursdays at the Connections Event Center, 1280 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Details: 919-324-6828.
Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club
The Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club meets from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Thursdays in the fellowship hall at Cary United Methodist Church, 117 S. Academy St. Visitors are welcome. Details: www.carycrosstrailers.org.
Quarter Note Music hosts an open-mic event from 6-9 p.m. Fridays at 1583 Beaver Creek Commons Drive, Apex. Details: 919-387-3939.
Warriors 4 Epilepsy Group
The Warriors 4 Epilepsy Group meets from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every second and third Saturday of the month at the gathering space by the café at Hope Community Church, 821 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Morrisville Community Garden
The Morrisville Community Garden is planning, planting and seeking members to join the garden. Anyone interested can visit the garden from 9 a.m. to noon Saturdays at 219 Church St. Details: email@example.com or www.morrisvillegarden.org.