Preschool Story Time
Barnes & Noble hosts story time for preschoolers at 10 a.m. Wednesdays at 760 SE Maynard Road, Cary.
Holly Springs seniors can play Bingo from 1-3 p.m. every first and third Wednesday of the month at Bass Lake Park, 900 Bass Lake Road. Bingo cards cost $1, and there will be cash prizes of up to $10.
The Growers Market of Fuquay-Varina is open from 3-6 p.m. Wednesdays in Centennial Square at the corner of North Main and East Academy streets. For details, visit www.growers-market.org.
Cary seeks residents’ opinions on the future of the town’s transportation and downtown in a workshop from 4-6 p.m. at the Herbert C. Young Community Center, 101 Wilkinson Ave. Because part of the workshop will focus on transportation, organizers encourage participants to use C-Tran to go to the event. For details, go to www.imaginecary.org.
Holly Springs Community Band open rehearsal
The public is invited to listen to the Holly Springs Community Band rehearse from 7-8:45 p.m. Wednesdays at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St. For information, go to www.hollyspringsband.net.
Cary seeks residents’ opinions on the future of the town’s transportation and downtown in a workshop from 6-8 p.m. at the Bond Park Community Center, 150 Metro Park Drive. Because part of the workshop will focus on transportation, organizers encourage participants to use C-Tran to go to the event. For details, go to www.imaginecary.org.
Meditation for Teens and Tweens
Dr. Karen Bluth of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill will lead middle and high school students in meditation and yoga from 7-8 p.m. at the Eva Perry Regional Library, 2100 Shepherd’s Vineyard Drive, Apex. Bring a yoga mat or beach towel. Registration is required. To register, contact Linda Winkler at 919-387-2120 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free Dental Day
Main Street Family Dentistry will host a Free Dental Day for ages 13 and older from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 5050 Kentworth Drive, Holly Springs. Services are first come, first serve, and patients must register on the morning of the event. Patients can choose one of the following services: professional cleaning, filling or extraction. For details, call 919 567-7400.
Annual Veterans Luncheon
The annual Veterans Luncheon will be from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Herbert C. Young Community Center, 101 Wilkinson Ave., Cary. Reservations must have been made by Oct. 24.
• The Cary Downtown Farmers Market is open 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 135 W. Chatham St. For details, go towww.caryfarmersmarket.com
• The Western Wake Farmers’ Market is open from 8 a.m. to noon at 1225 Morrisville-Carpenter Road, Cary. For details, go towww.westernwakefarmersmarket.org
• The Holly Springs Farmers Market is open 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in downtown Holly Springs. For details, go towww.hollyspringsnc.us
• The Apex Farmers Market is open 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 220 N. Salem St., Apex. For details, go towww.apexfarmersmarket.weebly.com
• The Growers Market of Fuquay-Varina is open 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Centennial Square at the corner of North Main and East Academy streets. For details, go towww.growers-market.org
Lochmere Arts & Crafts Show
The annual Lochmere Arts & Crafts Show will be 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the parking lot of the Lochmere Pavilion shops, 2425 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary. This is the juried art show’s sixth year. For details, call 919-233-1598.
Sculpture Scavenger Hunt
Cary Visual Art and Natural Math collaborate to offer a Sculpture Scavenger Hunt for kids of all ages from 10 a.m. to noon in Ashworth Village. For details, go to www.caryvisualart.org.