Two Town Triathlon
The second annual Two Town Triathlon will start at 8 a.m. at the Kraft Family YMCA, 8921 Holly Springs Road, Apex. The triathlon includes a 300-yard swim at the YMCA, a 10-mile bike course through Wake County and a 5K run. Register online by 8 a.m. Thursday, May 22, for $65-$100 at bit.ly/1idLb6V.
Never miss a local story.
Memorial Day events
• Cary American Legion Post 67 will host a Memorial Day ceremony at 10 a.m. at Hillcrest Cemetery on Page Street in Cary. The ceremony will be followed by refreshments at the Legion Post Home, 8523 Chapel Hill Road, Cary. Coast Guard Petty Officer 1st Class Howard Sanchez will speak. Anyone is welcome, including kids. For details, call 919-481-4811.
• Cambridge Village of Apex will host a Memorial Day celebration at 10:30 a.m. at 951 S. Hughes St. Mike Melugin and Mayor Bill Sutton will speak. There will be live music by Jill Smith and the N.C. State University Pipes and Drums band. For details, call 919-363-2080 or go towww.cambridgevillageofapex.com
Toddler Story Time
Barnes & Noble hosts story time for toddlers at 10 a.m. Tuesdays at 760 SE Maynard Road, Cary.
Cary Downtown Farmers Market
The Cary Downtown Farmers Market is open from 2-6 p.m. Tuesdays at 135 W. Chatham St. For details, go to www.caryfarmersmarket.com.
Zoning map open house
Morrisville will host an open house on the Unified Development Ordinance Zoning Map from 5:30-6:30 p.m. at Town Council Chambers, 100 Town Hall Drive. For details, go to bit.ly/1gPgG3h.
An information session about the N.C. Foreclosure Prevention Fund will be at 6:30 p.m. at West Regional Library, 4000 Louis Stephens Drive, Cary. For details, go to www.ncforeclosureprevention.gov.
Preschool Story Time
Barnes & Noble hosts story time for preschoolers at 10 a.m. Wednesdays at 760 SE Maynard Road, Cary.
The Growers Market of Fuquay-Varina is open from 3-6 p.m. Wednesdays in Centennial Square at the corner of N. Main and E. Academy streets, Fuquay-Varina. For details, visit www.growers-market.org.
Cary residents are invited to talk about the town’s transportation system requirements from 5-7 p.m. at the Herbert C. Young Community Center, 101 Wilkinson Ave. To complete a survey on the transportation system, go to www.caryhaveyoursay.com. For details, go to www.townofcary.org.
Hob Nob Jazz Series
Marcus Anderson will perform from 5:30-8:30 p.m. in the third year of the Hob Nob Jazz Series at Koka Booth Amphitheatre, 8003 Regency Parkway, Cary. Tickets for individual shows cost $5. The whole series costs $20. Admission is free for ages 12 and younger. Pets on leashes are allowed. For tickets, go to www.etix.com.
Holly Springs Community Band open rehearsal
The community is invited to listen at the Holly Springs Community Band’s rehearsals from 7-8:45 p.m. Wednesdays at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St. For more information, go to www.hollyspringsband.net.
‘Glimpses of Kashmir’
A reception for photographs of Kashmir by Chris Harris will be from 6-9 p.m. at the Village Art Circle in Ashworth Village, 200 S. Academy St., Cary.
The Triangle Brass Band will perform in Cary’s Sertoma Series of free concerts at 7 p.m. at Fred G. Bond Metro Park, 801 High House Road. Bring a picnic and chairs or blankets. Alcohol is not allowed, and pets must be kept on leashes. For details, call 919-469-4069 or go to www.townofcary.org.
Turkish tile exhibition
The Turkish House will host an exhibition of Turkish tile artwork at 7 p.m. at 303 E. Durham Road, suite F, Cary.
• The Cary Downtown Farmers Market is open from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 135 W. Chatham St. For details, go towww.caryfarmersmarket.com
• The Western Wake Farmers’ Market is open from 8 a.m. to noon at 1225 Morrisville-Carpenter Road, Cary. For details, go towww.westernwakefarmersmarket.org
• The Holly Springs Farmers Market is open from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in downtown Holly Springs. For details, go towww.hollyspringsnc.us
• The Apex Farmers Market is open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 220 N. Salem St., Apex. For details, go towww.apexfarmersmarket.com
• The Growers Market of Fuquay-Varina is open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Centennial Square at the corner of North Main and East Academy streets. For details, visitwww.growers-market.org
Ritmo Latino Festival
The 10th annual Ritmo Latino Festival will be from noon to 7 p.m. in downtown Cary. There will be food, arts and crafts, live music and dance. A soccer clinic for kids with the Carolina RailHawks will begin at 10:30 a.m. and last until noon. For details, go to diamanteinc.org/events/ritmo-latino.
Latino Arts Festival
The fifth annual Apex Latino Arts Festival will be from 3-9 p.m. in downtown Apex. There will be food, live music, dance groups and an arts and crafts bazaar. For details, go to www.apexlatinofest.com.
Happily Ever After
Happily Ever After: A Couture for a Cause Spring Showcase will be from 5-8 p.m. at Peachy Keen, 250 Grande Heights Drive, Cary. There will be wine, hors d’oeuvres, a silent auction and summer fashion to raise money for Activate Good, a nonprofit volunteer center. Tickets cost $15 at bit.ly/1gjKJ8G. For information about Activate Good, go to www.activategood.org.
Customer Appreciation Night fundraiser
Jus’ Enuff Home Cookin’ will host Customer Appreciation Night and a fundraiser at 6 p.m. at 736 N. Main St., Fuquay-Varina. Proceeds will be used to provide sleeping bags, tents and other supplies for local homeless people.