This week’s local club, organization and support group meetings in Apex, Cary, Fuquay-Varina, Holly Springs and Morrisville.
Western Wake Dems
Area Democratic candidates for the Wake County School Board and Board of Commissioners speak at the next meeting of the Western Wake Dems 6 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 28, at Mellow Mushroom, 4300 NW Cary Parkway, Cary. Open to the public. Social hour is 6-7 p.m.; program begins at 7 p.m. RSVP to email@example.com.
Candidates to speak
Never miss a local story.
Candidates for the Wake County School Board and Board of Commissioners are the guest speakers at the monthly meeting of the Democratic Women of Wake County. The luncheon begins at 11:30 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 29, at N.C. State University Club, 4200 Hillsborough St., Raleigh. Cost: $20. Visitors welcome. To RSVP, email Pam Sturgeon at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425-879-1636 by noon Monday, Sept. 19. dwwc.net
Cary Garden Club
Bonsai tree enthusiast Harold Johnson discusses “Somewhere Between the Mind and the Heart” at the next meeting of the Cary Garden Club. The club meets at 10 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 6, in the Ballroom at the Cary Senior Center, 120 Maury O’Dell Place. Visitors welcome. For more information, go to carygardenclub.org.
Columnist to speak
News & Observer columnist and author Rob Christensen is the guest speaker at the next meeting of the Cary Woman’s Club. Christensen will discuss “What Are the 2016 Elections Telling Us So Far?” at 9:30 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 13, at the Page-Walker Arts and History Center, 119 Ambassador Loop. Visitors welcome. To RSVP or for more information, call P. Keating at 919-274-9944. carywomansclub.com
N.C. Rep. Paul “Skip” Stam is the guest speaker at the October meeting of the Cary Page Rotary Club. Stam will discuss the legislative process at 7 a.m. Friday, Oct. 21, at Woodland Terrace, 300 Kildaire Woods Drive. Visitors welcome. To RSVP, go to bit.ly/2c88G6f.
Ticket sales are underway for the Garden Party Fundraiser 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 22, at the Ballentine-Spence House, 109 E. Spring St., downtown Fuquay-Varina. Sponsored by the Fuquay-Varina Woman’s Club. The event will feature tea, scones, sandwiches, desserts, a gift basket auction, raffle and a hat contest. Advance tickets are $20; $25 the day of the event. Tickets can be purchased at Mad Hatter, Shoppes on Main, David Anthony’s, Something You, Yellow House and the Garden Hut. To purchase tickets online, go to bit.ly/2chVSFI.
▪ Cary Central Rotary Club meets from 7-8 a.m. Mondays at the Matthews House, 317 W. Chatham St.
▪ The Apex Sunrise Rotary Club meets at 7:15 a.m. Tuesdays at Perkins Family Restaurant, 908 U.S. 64 West. apexsunriserotaryclub.org
▪ The Morrisville Rotary Club meets at noon Tuesdays at Prestonwood Country Club, 300 Prestonwood Parkway, Cary. New members are welcome. morrisville.rotary-clubs.org
▪ The Cary Rotary Club meets at 12:30 p.m. Tuesdays at MacGregor Downs Country Club, 430 St. Andrews Lane. Visitors are welcome. thecaryrotaryclub.org
▪ The Downtown Fuquay-Varina Rotary Club meets at 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at 135 S. Main St. 919-662-7119
▪ The Apex Rotary Club meets at 12:30 p.m. Thursdays at Carrabba’s Italian Grill, 1201 Haddon Hall Drive, Apex. 919-387-1040
▪ Cary Kildaire Rotary Club meets from 6:15-7:15 p.m. Thursdays at MacGregor Downs Country Club, 430 St. Andrews Lane, Cary. New members and visitors are welcome. cary-kildairerotaryclub.org
▪ The Cary Page Rotary Club meets for breakfast at 7 a.m. Fridays at Woodland Terrace, 300 Kildaire Woods Drive. carypagerotary.org
▪ The Cary Toastmasters meet from 8-9 a.m. every Monday in Room 200-C at the Western Wake Campus of Wake Technical Community College, 3434 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary. carytoastmasters.toastmastersclubs.org
▪ Carylina Toastmasters meet to practice speaking and leadership skills from 7-8 p.m. Mondays at Carylina House, 111 McArthur Drive, Cary. carylinatoastmasters.org
▪ Apex Toastmasters meet at 7 p.m. Tuesdays at the Spring Arbor Assisted Living Center, 901 Spring Arbor Court, Apex. apextoastmasters.org
▪ The Perimeter Park Toastmasters meet at noon every other Wednesday at the United Way office at 2400 Perimeter Park Drive, Suite 150, Morrisville. perimeterpark.toastmastersclubs.org
▪ The Heart of Cary Toastmasters, which focuses on public speaking, meet from 7-8 p.m. the second and fourth Wednesday of the month in the second-floor meeting room of the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave. Visitors are welcome.
▪ The Techtalk Toastmasters Club meets at 5:30 p.m. Thursdays, except on holidays, at NetApp Building Two, 7301 Kit Creek Road, Research Triangle Park. The club helps members sharpen communication and leadership skills. techtalk.toastmastersclubs.org
Western Wake Republican Club
The Western Wake Republican Club gathers for dinner at 6 p.m. and a meeting at 7 p.m. the fourth Monday of the month at Rally Point Sports Grill, 1837 N. Harrison Ave., Cary. westernwakegop.org
Holly Springs Writers Guild
The Holly Springs Writers Guild hosts write-ins on Mondays, an author spotlight the first Wednesday of each month, a critique group on Tuesdays and professional development on the third Wednesday of each month. meetup.com/Holly-Springs-Writers-Guild, facebook.com/HollySpringsWritersGuild
Bridge players meet from noon to 4 p.m. Mondays at the Fuquay-Varina Community Center, 820 S. Main St., Fuquay-Varina. New players welcome. 919-552-1430
Boy Scout Troop 444
Boy Scout Troop 444 meets at 7 p.m. Mondays at St. Bernadette Catholic Church, 1005 Wilbon Road, Fuquay-Varina. 919-614-6288, troop444.us
TOPS of Apex
The Take Off Pounds Sensibly group of Apex meets at 7 p.m. Mondays at New Horizons Fellowship, 820 E. Williams St., Apex. 919-621-3613
Overeaters Anonymous, a 12-step program for people with eating disorders or food/eating issues, meets from 7:30-8:30 p.m. Mondays at Christ the King Lutheran Church, 600 Walnut St., Cary. triangleoa.org
Cary Community Lions Club
The Cary Community Lions Club meets at noon on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at IHOP, 1301 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary. email@example.com
Holly Springs Masonic Lodge
The Holly Springs Masonic Lodge No. 115 meets at 7:30 p.m. the second and fourth Tuesday of the month at 224 Raleigh St., Holly Springs. A meal is served on the second Tuesday of the month following the meeting. hs115.org
Women in Networking
The Cary chapter of Women in Networking meets from 8:30-9:30 a.m. Tuesdays in Room 2060A at Hope Community Church, 821 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. win-nc.com
Greatest Generation Club
The Cary Greatest Generation Club meets from 9:30-10:30 a.m. Tuesdays at the Cary Senior Center, 120 Maury O’Dell Place. 919-467-3534
A group meets to play cribbage at 11 a.m. Tuesdays at the Fuquay-Varina Community Center, 820 S. Main St. 919-552-5380
Brüeprint Brewing Company hosts a run club with 1.5-mile, 5K and five-mile routes through Salem Village at 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at 1229 Perry Road, Apex. brueprint.com
TOPS in Fuquay-Varina
TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) meets for a weigh-in at 6:30 p.m. and meeting at 6:45 p.m. Tuesdays at Fuquay-Varina Baptist Church, 301 N. Woodard St. The weight loss support group has an annual membership fee of $32.
Cary XYZ Club
The Cary XYZ Club meets at 10 a.m. the second and fourth Wednesday of the month in the ballroom of the Cary Senior Center, 120 Maury O’Dell Place. 919-467-8332
Cary Photographic Artists
The Cary Photographic Artists meet at 7 p.m. the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at The Cary theater, 122 E. Chatham St. Visitors are welcome. Social time begins at 6:30 p.m. in the lobby. caryphotographicartists.org
Carolina Veterans Support Group
The Carolina Veterans Support Group meets at 6:30 p.m. the last Wednesday of every month at Cary American Legion and Auxiliary Post 67, 8523 Chapel Hill Road, Cary. The organization raises awareness and solutions for homeless veterans.
Fuquay-Varina Arts Council
The Fuquay-Varina Arts Council meets the last Wednesday of every month at 7:30 p.m. at the Fuquay-Varina Arts Center, 123 E. Vance St. All are welcome. bit.ly/26xnoHx
Fuquay-Varina American Legion Post 116 hosts bingo games at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at 6400 Johnson Pond Road. Doors open at 6 p.m. There will be cash prizes.
Apex Kiwanis Club
Apex Kiwanis Club meets from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. most Wednesdays at Anna’s Pizzeria, 100 N. Salem St. apexkiwanis.org
TOPS in Cary
Take Off Pounds Sensibly meets at 9 a.m. Thursdays at Greenwood Forest Baptist Church, 110 SE Maynard Road, Cary. firstname.lastname@example.org
Bridge players meet from noon to 4 p.m. Thursdays at the Fuquay-Varina Community Center, 820 S. Main St., Fuquay-Varina. New players welcome. 919-552-1430
VFW Post 7383
The VFW hosts bingo on Thursdays. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary; pack sales begin at 6:15 p.m. The early bird game starts at 7 p.m. and the main game starts at 8 p.m.
Cary Cross Trailers
The Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club meets from 6-9:30 p.m. Thursdays in the fellowship hall at Cary United Methodist Church, 117 S. Academy St. carycrosstrailers.org
Cary Multiple Sclerosis
People with MS lead monthly meetings of the Cary Multiple Sclerosis self-help group. 919-779-2101
The MOMS Club of Fuquay-Varina/Holly Springs invites all at-home moms of Angier, Apex, Fuquay-Varina, Holly Springs and Willow Spring to join the chapter. The club provides support for at-home mothers and takes part in community service projects. email@example.com
Send Club Notes to firstname.lastname@example.org.