Cary Newcomers Club
The Cary Newcomers Club will meet from 9:15-11:30 a.m. Wednesday, March 4, in the multi-purpose room on the lower floor of Kirk of Kildaire, Presbyterian, 200 High Meadow Drive, Cary. Mayor Harold Weinbrecht will speak. For information, email email@example.com or go to www.carynewcomers.com.
Chicken Pastry Fundraiser
The Apex Golden Age Club’s annual Chicken Pastry Fundraiser will be from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday, March 4, at the C.C. Jones Community Center, 309 Holleman St., Apex. Meals cost $8 at the door, eat in or take-out. For more information, call Claudia Clayton at 919-906-9216 or 919-362-6988.
Apex Golden Age Club
The Apex Golden Age Club meets at 2 p.m. the first Wednesday of each month at the C.C. Jones Community Center, 309 Holleman St., Apex. New members are welcome. For information, call Claudia Clayton at 919-906-9216 or 919-362-6988.
The Republican Women of Cary and Southwestern Wake meet for social time at 11:30 a.m. and lunch at noon on Thursday, March 8, at Prestonwood Country Club, 300 Prestonwood Parkway, Cary. Dr. Rosemary Fernandez Stein will speak. Lunch costs $20. To RSVP, email Sue Rousselo at RWCSW123@gmail.com.
Cary Garden Club
The Cary Garden Club meets at 10 a.m. the first Thursday of each month at the Cary Senior Center, 120 Maury Odell Place, Cary. Visitors are welcome. For details, call 919-651-9144 or go to www.carygardenclub.org.
▪ Knights of Columbus Council 12119’s fish fry will be from 5-8 p.m. Friday, March 6, and Friday, March 20, at St. Bernadette Catholic Church, 1005 Wilbon Road, Fuquay-Varina. Meals cost $8 per individual, $3.50 for children 6 and younger or $25 per family. Take-out orders are available.
▪ The St. Mary Magdalene Knights of Columbus’ annual Lenten fish fry is 5:30-7:45 p.m. or as long as supplies last on Friday, March 6, and Saturday, March 27, at 625 Magdala Place, Apex. Eat-in or take-out available. For details and meal prices, go to lentfishfry.weebly.com.
Apex Newcomers & Friends Club
The Apex Newcomers & Friends Club will meet at 9:30 a.m. the second Wednesday of the month at the C.C. Jones Community Center, 309 Holleman St., Apex. Just for Kix, a line dancing competition group, will perform at the Wednesday, March 11, meeting. For details, go to www.apexnewcomers.org.
The National Alliance on Mental Illness Wake County offers a support group for family, friends and caregivers of people with mental illnesses from 7-8:30 p.m. on the second and fourth Thursday of each month at Christ the King Lutheran Church, 600 Walnut St., Cary. Meetings are free and confidential. For details, go to www.nami-wake.org.
Lupus support group
A support group for people with lupus, their family members and caregivers will be from 6:30-8 p.m. Thursday, March 26, int he Waters Edge Office Park Conference Room, 4917 Waters Edge Drive, suite 250, Raleigh. For details, call 877-849-8271, extension 2, email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.lupusnc.org.
▪ The Perimeter Park Toastmasters meet at noon every other Wednesday at the United Way office at 2400 Perimeter Park Drive, Suite 150, Morrisville. Details: www.perimeterpark.toastmastersclubs.org.
▪ The Heart of Cary Toastmasters, which focuses on public speaking, meet from 7-8 p.m. the second and fourth Wednesday of the month in the second-floor meeting room of the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave. Visitors are welcome.
▪ The Techtalk Toastmasters Club meets at 5:30 p.m. Thursdays, except on holidays, at NetApp Building Two, 7301 Kit Creek Road, Research Triangle Park. The club helps members sharpen communication and leadership skills. Details: techtalk.toastmastersclubs.org.
▪ The Downtown Fuquay-Varina Rotary Club meets at 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at 405 Broad St., Fuquay-Varina. New members and visitors are welcome. For details, go to www.F-VdowntownRotaryclub.org.
▪ The Apex Rotary Club meets at 12:30 p.m. Thursdays at Carrabba’s Italian Grill, 1201 Haddon Hall Drive, Apex. Details: 919-387-1040.
▪ Cary Kildaire Rotary Club meets from 6:15-7:15 p.m. Thursdays at MacGregor Downs Country Club, 430 St. Andrews Lane, Cary. New members and visitors are welcome. Details: www.cary-kildairerotaryclub.org.
▪ The Cary Page Rotary Club meets for breakfast at 7 a.m. Fridays at Woodland Terrace, 300 Kildaire Woods Drive. Details: www.carypagerotary.org.
Cary Newcomers Club
The Cary Newcomers Club meets at 9:15 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Kirk of Kildaire Presbyterian Church, 200 High Meadow Drive. The club is for those new to the area, newly retired or looking to meet new friends. For details, email email@example.com or visit www.carynewcomers.com.
Air Force Association
The Tarheel Chapter 207 of the Air Force Association invites anyone interested in flight or the Air Force to meet at 6:30 p.m. the first Wednesday of the month at the N.C. State University Club, 4200 Hillsborough St., Raleigh. For details, call Bill Mickey at 919-772-8237 or go to afa.org.
Tarheel Detachment of the Marine Corps League
The Tarheel Detachment of the Marine Corps League meets for dinner and social time at 6 p.m. and a business meeting at 7 p.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Christ the King Lutheran Church, 600 Walnut St., Cary. For details, go to www.tarheelmcl.org.
The Cary Blanketeers meet from 10 a.m. to noon the first and third Wednesday of the month at Hope Community Church, 821 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Blankets are donated to Project Linus and Loved Twice. For details, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apex Golden Age Club
The Apex Golden Age Club meets at 2 p.m. the first Wednesday of the month at the C.C. Jones Community Center, 309 Holleman St., Apex. Accepting new members 55 and older. Call 919-906-9216 or 919-362-6988.
Fuquay-Varina American Legion Post 116 hosts Bingo games at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at 6400 Johnson Pond Road. Doors open at 6 p.m. There will be cash prizes.
Holly Springs Community Band
The Holly Springs Community Band is looking for adult musicians to practice with the band at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at the Holly Springs Cultural Center. Musicians must be able to read music. Details: www.hollyspringsband.net.
Apex Kiwanis Club
Apex Kiwanis meets from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. most Wednesdays at Anna’s Pizzeria, 100 N. Salem St., Apex. Details: www.apexkiwanis.org.
Holly Springs Newcomers Club
The Holly Springs Newcomers and Friends Club meets 9:30-11:30 a.m. the first Thursday of the month from September to May at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St., Holly Springs. Details: www.hollyspringsnewcomers.com.
Holly Springs Civitan
The Holly Springs Civitan group meets at 6 p.m. the first Thursday of each month in Holly Springs’ Town Hall, 128 S. Main St. The group works to support local children with special needs. Visitors and new members are welcome. For more information, email email@example.com.
Holly Springs Newcomers and Friends Club
The Holly Springs Newcomers and Friends Club meets from 9:30-11:30 a.m. the first Thursday of the month, from September through May, at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St. For details, go to www.hollyspringsnewcomers.com.
Republican Women of Cary and Southwestern Wake
The club meets at Prestonwood Country Club in Cary on the first Thursday of each month. Social time begins at 11:30 a.m., lunch is at noon, a speaker’s presentation will be at 12:30 p.m. and the business meeting will be at 1 p.m.. Lunch costs $20. Details: www.rwcsw.org.
Senior gaming meets 2-4 p.m. the first Thursday of the month at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St., Holly Springs. Games include sequence, rummycube, pokeno, pinochle and bridge. Details: 919-557-9602.
The Apex Lions meet at 6:45 p.m. the first and third Thursday of the month at the C.C. Jones Community Center, 309 Holleman St., Apex. The Apex Lions support local charities with a special emphasis on the visually impaired. Call Nick Somma at 919-481-1888, or go to www.apexlions.org.
Holly Springs Civitan Club
The Holly Springs Civitan Club meets 6:30 p.m. the first Thursday of each month in the Holleman Room of Town Hall, 128 S. Main St., Holly Springs. Use the entrance facing Avent Ferry Road. For more information, call 919-346-1675 or go to www.hollyspringscivitan.org.
The Needmore Ruritan Club meets 7 p.m. the first Thursday of the month at 1812 Bass Lake Road, Fuquay-Varina. The club offers fellowship, goodwill and community service to the residents of Fuquay-Varina and Holly Springs. A meal is prepared by club members every meeting. For details, contact club President Mike Jones at 919-552-2003.
TOPS in Cary
Take Off Pounds Sensibly holds morning meetings at 9 a.m. Thursdays at Greenwood Forest Baptist Church, 110 SE Maynard Road, Cary. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cary Leads Group
The Cary Leads Group meets for networking with business owners and professionals from 9:45-11 a.m. Thursdays in the second-floor workshop at Hope Community Church, 821 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Meetings start at 10 a.m. For details, go to caryleadsgroup.net.
VFW Post 7383
▪ The VFW hosts bingo on Thursdays with $2,500 paid out each week. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary; pack sales begin at 6:15 p.m. The early-bird game starts at 7 p.m. and the main game starts at 8 p.m.
▪ The VFW accepts unserviceable U.S. flags any afternoon after 1 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary. Details: www.caryvfw.org.
Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club
The Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club meets from 6-9:30 p.m. Thursdays in the fellowship hall at Cary United Methodist Church, 117 S. Academy St.
Round dance lessons are from 6-7 p.m., plus lessions are from 7-7:30 p.m., mainstream class is from 7-9:30 p.m. and club dance is from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Visitors are welcome. Details: www.carycrosstrailers.org.
Morrisville Community Garden
The Morrisville Community Garden is planning, planting and seeking members to join the garden. Anyone interested can visit the garden from 9 a.m. to noon Saturdays at 219 Church St. Details: email@example.com or www.morrisvillegarden.org.
Cary Multiple Sclerosis
People with MS lead monthly meetings of the Cary Multiple Sclerosis self-help group. Details: Call Mary Ann at 919-779-2101.
The Moms Offering Moms Support of Fuquay-Varina/Holly Springs invites all at-home moms of Fuquay-Varina, Holly Springs and Willow Spring to join the chapter. The club provides support for at-home mothers and takes part in community service projects. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send Club Notes to email@example.com.