This week’s local club, organization and support group meetings in Apex, Cary, Fuquay-Varina, Holly Springs and Morrisville.
Lupus support group
A support group for people with lupus, their family members and caregivers meets from 6-7:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 8, at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 2723 Clark Ave., Raleigh. Drop-ins are welcome. No charge to attend. 877-849-8271, ext. 1. firstname.lastname@example.org, lupusnc.org
Melissa Theil shares images and information about her recent trips to Alaska, Botswana and Mongolia at the next meeting of the Cary Photographic Artists. The group meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 14, at The Cary theater, 122 E. Chatham St. Social time begins at 6:30 p.m. in the lobby. Free; visitors welcome. caryphotographicartists.org
▪ The Downtown Fuquay-Varina Rotary Club meets at 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the former Old Stephen’s Hardware Building, 405 Broad St. 919-662-7119
▪ The Apex Rotary Club meets at 12:30 p.m. Thursdays at Carrabba’s Italian Grill, 1201 Haddon Hall Drive, Apex. 919-387-1040
▪ Cary-Kildaire Rotary Club meets from 6:15-7:15 p.m. Thursdays at MacGregor Downs Country Club, 430 St. Andrews Lane, Cary. New members and visitors are welcome. cary-kildairerotaryclub.org
▪ The Cary Page Rotary Club meets for breakfast at 7 a.m. Fridays at Woodland Terrace, 300 Kildaire Woods Drive. carypagerotary.org
▪ The Perimeter Park Toastmasters meet at noon every other Wednesday at the United Way office at 2400 Perimeter Park Drive, Suite 150, Morrisville. perimeterpark.toastmastersclubs.org
▪ The Heart of Cary Toastmasters, which focuses on public speaking, meet from 7-8 p.m. the second and fourth Wednesday of the month in the second-floor meeting room of the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave. Visitors are welcome.
▪ The Techtalk Toastmasters Club meets at 5:30 p.m. Thursdays, except on holidays, at NetApp Building Two, 7301 Kit Creek Road, Research Triangle Park. The club helps members sharpen communication and leadership skills. techtalk.toastmastersclubs.org
Cary Newcomers Club
The Cary Newcomers Club meets from 9:15-11:30 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Kirk of Kildaire Presbyterian Church, 200 High Meadow Drive. The club is for those new to the area, newly retired or looking to meet new friends. email@example.com, carynewcomers.com
The Cary Blanketeers meet from 10 a.m. to noon the first and third Wednesday of the month at Hope Community Church, 821 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Blankets are donated to Project Linus and Loved Twice. firstname.lastname@example.org
Holly Springs seniors can play bingo from 1-3 p.m. every first and third Wednesday of the month at Bass Lake Park, 900 Bass Lake Road. Bingo cards cost $1 and there will be cash prizes of up to $10.
Apex Golden Age Club
The Apex Golden Age Club meets at 2 p.m. the first Wednesday of the month at the C.C. Jones Community Center, 309 Holleman St., Apex. Accepting new members 55 and older. 919-906-9216, 919-362-6988
Air Force Association
The Tarheel Chapter 207 of the Air Force Association welcomes anyone interested in flight or the Air Force to meet at 6:30 p.m. the first Wednesday of the month at the N.C. State University Club, 4200 Hillsborough St., Raleigh. 919-772-8237, afa.org
Marine Corps League
The Tarheel Detachment of the Marine Corps League meets for dinner and social time at 6 p.m. and a business meeting at 7 p.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Christ the King Lutheran Church, 600 Walnut St., Cary. tarheelmcl.org
Fuquay-Varina American Legion Post 116 hosts bingo games at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at 6400 Johnson Pond Road. Doors open at 6 p.m. There will be cash prizes.
Apex Kiwanis Club
Apex Kiwanis Club meets from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. most Wednesdays at Anna’s Pizzeria, 100 N. Salem St. apexkiwanis.org
NAMI support groups
The National Alliance on Mental Illness Wake County hosts free Family Support Groups for family members and friends of people with mental illnesses at 7 p.m. the second and fourth Thursday every month at Christ the King Lutheran Church, Room 101, 600 Walnut St., Cary. The group is for ages 18 and older.
South Wake Conservationists
The South Wake Conservationists, a chapter of the North Carolina Wildlife Federation, meets at 7 p.m. the second Thursday of each month in the community building at Bass Lake Park, 900 Bass Lake Road, Holly Springs. Visitors welcome.
Red Hat Society
The Ladies over 50 Red Hat Chapter, “Glitzy Daytime Dollies,” meets the second Thursday of each month. 919-362-3902, redhatsociety.com
Cary Woman’s Club
The Cary Woman’s Club meets at 9:30 a.m. the second Thursday of each month on the third floor of the Page-Walker Arts and History Center, 119 Ambassador Loop. Women from Apex, Cary, Morrisville and western Wake County are welcome. For membership information, call Membership Chair P. Keating at 919-274-9944. carywomansclub.com
Between the Lines Book Club
The Between the Lines Book Club meets at 7 p.m. the second Thursday of the month at West Regional Library in Cary. 919-463-8500
TOPS in Cary
Take Off Pounds Sensibly meets at 9 a.m. Thursdays at Greenwood Forest Baptist Church, 110 SE Maynard Road, Cary. 919-460-7522
Bridge players meet from noon to 4 p.m. Thursdays at the Fuquay-Varina Community Center, 820 S. Main St., Fuquay-Varina. New players welcome. 919-552-1430
VFW Post 7383
The VFW hosts bingo on Thursdays. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary; pack sales begin at 6:15 p.m. The early bird game starts at 7 p.m. and the main game starts at 8 p.m.
Cary Cross Trailers
The Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club meets from 6-9:30 p.m. Thursdays in the fellowship hall at Cary United Methodist Church, 117 S. Academy St. carycrosstrailers.org
Cary Multiple Sclerosis
People with MS lead monthly meetings of the Cary Multiple Sclerosis self-help group. 919-779-2101
The MOMS Club of Fuquay-Varina/Holly Springs invites all at-home moms of Angier, Apex, Fuquay-Varina, Holly Springs and Willow Spring to join the chapter. The club provides support for at-home mothers and takes part in community service projects. email@example.com
Send Club Notes to firstname.lastname@example.org.