This week’s local club, organization and support group meetings in Apex, Cary, Fuquay-Varina, Holly Springs and Morrisville.
Members of the Cary Toastmasters and the Carylina Toastmasters clubs held a Youth Leadership Program in November for fourth- and fifth-grade students at Carpenter Elementary School in Cary. Students received assistance in writing speeches, speaking ability, organization, voice control and gestures, impromptu talks and more. carytoastmasters.toastmastersclubs.org, carylinatoastmasters.org
Never miss a local story.
▪ The Downtown Fuquay-Varina Rotary Club meets at 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the former Old Stephen’s Hardware Building, 405 Broad St. 919-662-7119
▪ The Apex Rotary Club meets at 12:30 p.m. Thursdays at Carrabba’s Italian Grill, 1201 Haddon Hall Drive, Apex. 919-387-1040
▪ Cary-Kildaire Rotary Club meets from 6:15-7:15 p.m. Thursdays at MacGregor Downs Country Club, 430 St. Andrews Lane, Cary. New members and visitors are welcome. cary-kildairerotaryclub.org
▪ The Cary Page Rotary Club meets for breakfast at 7 a.m. Fridays at Woodland Terrace, 300 Kildaire Woods Drive. carypagerotary.org
▪ The Perimeter Park Toastmasters meet at noon every other Wednesday at the United Way office at 2400 Perimeter Park Drive, Suite 150, Morrisville. perimeterpark.toastmastersclubs.org
▪ The Heart of Cary Toastmasters, which focuses on public speaking, meet from 7-8 p.m. the second and fourth Wednesday of the month in the second-floor meeting room of the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave. Visitors are welcome.
▪ The Techtalk Toastmasters Club meets at 5:30 p.m. Thursdays, except on holidays, at NetApp Building Two, 7301 Kit Creek Road, Research Triangle Park. The club helps members sharpen communication and leadership skills. techtalk.toastmastersclubs.org
Cary XYZ Club
The Cary XYZ Club meets at 10 a.m. the second and fourth Wednesday of the month in the ballroom of the Cary Senior Center, 120 Maury O’Dell Place. 919-467-8332
Apex Newcomers and Friends Club
The Apex Newcomers and Friends Club meets at 9:30 a.m. the second Wednesday of the month at the C.C. Jones Community Center, 309 Holleman St., Apex. Club activities include a book club, book exchange, card playing, crafts and cultural events. apexnewcomers.org
Pilot Club of Cary
The Pilot Club of Cary meets at 7 p.m. the second Wednesday of each month at the Page-Walker Arts and History Center, 119 Ambassador Loop, Cary. The group promotes awareness and prevention of brain-related disorders. carypilotclub.weebly.com
Holly Springs Garden Club
The Holly Springs Garden Club meets from 7-9 p.m. the second Wednesday of the month at Bass Lake Park, 900 Bass Lake Road. Activities include speakers, plant exchanges, field trips and community gardening projects. hollyspringsgardenclubnc.com.
Apex Travel Club
The Apex Travel Club meets from 7-8 p.m. the second Wednesday of each month in the arts and crafts room at the Apex Community Center, 53 Hunter St. The club is for Apex and surrounding-area residents ages 50 and older.
Fuquay-Varina American Legion Post 116 hosts bingo games at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at 6400 Johnson Pond Road. Doors open at 6 p.m. There will be cash prizes.
Apex Kiwanis Club
Apex Kiwanis Club meets from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. most Wednesdays at Anna’s Pizzeria, 100 N. Salem St. apexkiwanis.org
Mental illness support groups
The You Are Not Alone faith-based support groups for people living with mental illness and their families and friends meet from 6:30-8 p.m. the first and third Thursdays of each month in the Curry Center at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 221 Union St., Cary. Childcare provided. For more information, call 919-481-4715 or email email@example.com.
The Apex Lions Club meets at 6:45 p.m. the first and third Thursday of the month at the C.C. Jones Community Center, 309 Holleman St., Apex. The Apex Lions support local charities with a special emphasis on the visually impaired. 919-481-1888, apexlions.org
Chronic pain support group
An arthritis, chronic pain, fibromyalgia and joint replacement support group meets from 1:30-3 p.m. the third Thursday of each month in Classroom 1 at Rex Wellness Center, 1515 Cary Parkway, Cary. 919-387-0080.
▪ Homewatch Caregivers of the Triangle is an in-home companion and personal care agency. The support group meets the third Thursday of each month at Cambridge of Apex. 919-960-6038.
▪ Family Caregiver Support Group meets at 6:30 p.m. the third Thursday of every month at Woodland Terrace Senior Living Community, 300 Kildaire Woods Drive, Cary. 919-465-0356.
Fuquay-Varina Garden Club
The Fuquay-Varina Garden Club meets at 7 p.m. the third Thursday of the month at 602 N. Ennis St. fuquayvarinagardenclub.weebly.com
TOPS in Cary
Take Off Pounds Sensibly meets at 9 a.m. Thursdays at Greenwood Forest Baptist Church, 110 SE Maynard Road, Cary. 919-460-7522
Bridge players meet from noon to 4 p.m. Thursdays at the Fuquay-Varina Community Center, 820 S. Main St., Fuquay-Varina. New players welcome. 919-552-1430
VFW Post 7383
The VFW hosts bingo on Thursdays. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary; pack sales begin at 6:15 p.m. The early bird game starts at 7 p.m. and the main game starts at 8 p.m.
Cary Cross Trailers
The Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club meets from 6-9:30 p.m. Thursdays in the fellowship hall at Cary United Methodist Church, 117 S. Academy St. carycrosstrailers.org
Cary Multiple Sclerosis
People with MS lead monthly meetings of the Cary Multiple Sclerosis self-help group. 919-779-2101
The MOMS Club of Fuquay-Varina/Holly Springs invites all at-home moms of Angier, Apex, Fuquay-Varina, Holly Springs and Willow Spring to join the chapter. The club provides support for at-home mothers and takes part in community service projects. firstname.lastname@example.org
Send Club Notes to email@example.com.